Forums

Help › Forums

Re: PCEA June Update Problem

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:49 AM (7 replies)
  • Ess3xGooner
    670 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 3:24 AM

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I am unable to find any reference on the forum.

I have downloaded the most recent update to PCEA and after clicking on the launcher play button, I can only get to the resolution screen and am unable to click on the continue button. The mouse pointer is stuck in that box and I cannot scroll, point or move the mouse pointer out of that box. If I hit the windows key, I regain control over the mouse pointer but still cannot select anything in the resolution box.

I'm guessing there is a conflict with some other program on my PC, but darned if I know how to fix it if that is the case. Even so, this has only just happened after the latest update. Early access was running fine before. I have PCEA latest patch running on a laptop and don't have this problem, only on my PC. Both are running on WIN10.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 1:31 PM

Personally, I'd reinstall the game.

NOT FOR THE STEAM VERSION

1.) Create a restore point.

2.) Uninstall WGT Launcher via Windows Settings / Apps or your Control Panel / Programs & Features.

3.) In windows explorer, go into your Program Files for a 32 bit machine, or Program Files (x86) for a 64 bit machine, find and delete the Topgolf folder.

4.) Open the registry editor, navigate your way to this registry key and delete it...  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT

5.) If step 4 scares the carp out of you, download and run this small file instead... Delete WGT registry key. It'll delete the registry key for you. When you run it you'll get a couple of security pop ups about making changes to the registry, okay those.

5.) Reboot your PC and reinstall the game.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 2:19 PM

ScottHope:

2.) Uninstall WGT Launcher via settings / apps or your control panel / programs & features.

3.) In windows explorer, go into your program files for a 32 bit machine, or program files (x86) for a 64 bit machine, find and delete the topgolf folder.

4.) Open the registry editor, navigate your way to this registry key and delete it...  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT

5.) If step 4 scares the carp out of you, download and run this small file instead... Delete WGT registry key. It'll delete the registry key for you. When you run it you'll get a couple of security pop ups about making changes to the registry, okay those.

With the Registry Script, just Right click and then click Merge

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 3:17 PM

Thanks Don. ; )

• Ess3xGooner
    670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 2:38 AM

WhooHoo!!. Thanks guys, that did the trick.

Thanks for your help. Will keep this tucked away for future reference if it happens again.

Cheers, Ken

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback Ken, good work.  ; )

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 2:14 AM

doesn't work for me, just tried it and when I relaunch the game I have no control over my mouse in the Launcher window, need a fix.

Also the Delete WGT registry key is just loading continuously so can't get the download lol

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:49 AM

ScottHope:

2.) Uninstall WGT Launcher via Windows Settings / Apps or your Control Panel / Programs & Features.

3.) In windows explorer, go into your Program Files for a 32 bit machine, or Program Files (x86) for a 64 bit machine, find and delete the Topgolf folder.

Since last Clash game I played on Friday evening, I have this 'Retry to Connect" to the Server issue. I spin out of control every click of the mouse mostly leaving it unplayable or wait etc...

After 3 days of not being able to fully use the App, I have tried this avenue also, having no success. Thanks though, I will bookmark this. 

RSS