Help › Forums

Re: Driver And iron upgrade recommendations

Tue, Sep 22 2020 3:57 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 84walton84
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 6:43 AM

Hi all

currently using the level 44 callaway epic flash driver and the level 59 ping i500 irons. 

im level 76 tour master - is there a driver or iron set worth upgrading to before I reach level 96 plus and the big boy clubs.

thanks all 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 1:27 PM
    Level 74/85 driver would do you till level 94/96.
  • ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 5:22 PM

I thought the L85 Callaway irons were a major upgrade from the L59 PINGs.  Worth the credits, IMO.  It's still a long way from there to the L97 irons, so you'll get plenty of use out of them.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 5:39 PM

ZirjoGondar:

I thought the L85 Callaway irons were a major upgrade from the L59 PINGs.  Worth the credits, IMO.  It's still a long way from there to the L97 irons, so you'll get plenty of use out of them.

+1

• Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:28 PM

Callaway level 85 driver

84walton84:

Hi all

currently using the level 44 callaway epic flash driver and the level 59 ping i500 irons. 

im level 76 tour master - is there a driver or iron set worth upgrading to before I reach level 96 plus and the big boy clubs.

thanks all 

and irons are the best until the eventual level 100 upgrade. 
    same for level 86 3wood. Trust me on this. They are high trajectory and will change your game by 1 stroke. Improve putting to even more improve your game 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 12:27 AM

As mentioned in previous responses, those irons and driver will work well. TM 74 driver has extra distance and good meter speed. Best thing you can do til you reach the 85 irons is learn how to control the release on your shots. 85 irons are great irons and when paired with a good ball play very nicely. However they don’t always hold every green as well as one hopes, so if you know how to handle release now it’ll make the game much easier down the road. 

Cheers,

BABZ 

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:55 AM

I have religiously mapped out my plan for club upgrades. Once I hit level 52, I started planning. I had L52 or 55 Callaway irons, and a TM SIM L55 driver. At level 70, I bought the Scotty Cameron Phantom 6 putter, and when I hit level 80, I grabbed 3 Vokey wedges. I wanted to get those purchases before anything else. Once I hit L85 (Last night) I bought the Callaway Mavrik Pro Irons, Once I hit 86, I'm going to grade the Callaway Sub Zero 3-wood.

But I think that I over think sometimes. I have got the recommendations of my CC mates (The Founders Club), and others. I am too analytical. But I want these next clubs to be the last, or 2nd to last clubs that I purchase. That said, my plan was to buy the Callaway Mavrik L85 driver. Then the thinking started. I started to think about the L74 TM SIM driver. I play mobile, where my sausage fingers a times result in horrific mishits...meaning that meter matters to me. The SIM meter is 4.5, to the Callaways 4.4. So that isn't a deal breaker. But the difference in forgiveness is 4.5 for the SIM, as compared to the 4.0 of the Callaway. There is only a 2 yard distance difference with the Callaway having the edge there. Precision and spin are the same with both clubs. The other difference is that the SIM has medium/high trajectory, while the Callaway is high. I am struggling to make a decision. Thoughts?

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:55 AM

@Jeff

High trajectory is always best. That said, unless you are comfortable with the new version of wgt....the current clubs you have should probably be the last ones you buy, as Flash ends in December.

ct

• Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 2:59 PM

@ct

All I know about WGT is the mobile version. I started playing late February of this year, and joined TFC in April.

What does it mean that flash will be gone, and how does it impact me and my equipment?

Thanks...Jeff

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 5:04 PM

Jeff1172LD:

@ct

All I know about WGT is the mobile version. I started playing late February of this year, and joined TFC in April.

What does it mean that flash will be gone, and how does it impact me and my equipment?

Thanks...Jeff

Sadly...I don't know very much about mobile. Flash is being shut down by Adobe and those of us who use PCs have to switch to new version or give up the game.

• PAGES
RSS