Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multiple losses of consecutive days strings

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 19 2020 4:24 PM (7 replies)
  • 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2020 6:41 PM

Dear WGT, I have recently discovered something in your game that troubles me. It is in regard to "Consecutive days". 

It appears that if you play a (solo) scored round(and quit), and / or a practice hole, "The Game Creation " page will indicate that "You Have Played Today", thereby securing 'your' consecutive days. 

I recently have come to the probable reason as to why I have LOST so many strings of consecutive days over the last 10 years on WGT.

It appears to be the case that the game creation page (that says "you have played today " )  & the main / profile page do not agree. If the round / hole does not appear on the recently played section of the profile page, this seems to be the cause of me losing so many consecutive day strings! 

Is my hypothesis accurate? Is this something that WGT is aware of? If WGT is aware of this, is this mentioned in any EULA or TOS? 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 11:10 AM

1Universurfr:

Dear WGT, I have recently discovered something in your game that troubles me. It is in regard to "Consecutive days". 

It appears that if you play a (solo) scored round(and quit), and / or a practice hole, "The Game Creation " page will indicate that "You Have Played Today", thereby securing 'your' consecutive days. 

I recently have come to the probable reason as to why I have LOST so many strings of consecutive days over the last 10 years on WGT.

It appears to be the case that the game creation page (that says "you have played today " )  & the main / profile page do not agree. If the round / hole does not appear on the recently played section of the profile page, this seems to be the cause of me losing so many consecutive day strings! 

Is my hypothesis accurate? Is this something that WGT is aware of? If WGT is aware of this, is this mentioned in any EULA or TOS? 

No it is not. You have to start a round after the day resets. If you start the round before the day resets even if you finish it after the day resets it won't count toward your consecutive days played. Start it after the day resets and take one shot and you are credited with the consecutive day played even if you quit the round. You will lose your CC pass but not the consecutive days played. 

I have been on WGT for close 11 years and have only lost my consecutive days played 3 times. All of which were my fault. At this time I am slightly over 2900 days. I don't need the Xp's I just play every day because I still love to play WGT.  Just find out exactly when the day resets at your location then start a round after it resets and you will not lose your consecutive days played. 

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 2:37 PM

I did start my rounds or practice after the next day started. I stand by my comment that if a game doesn't appear on the profile page, while the game page says you have played, then you do NOT get credit for consecutive days.

In addition, I don't anything that indicated you are a WGT official, I will wait for a response from WGT, but thanks for your opinion :)

• WMosby1
    75 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 3:11 PM

Is the new day synced with GMT? It appears to be so if you are not on DST. My time zone is GMT - 6 hours. but with DST my new day starts at -5 hours

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 3:20 PM

Perhaps I was not clear enough. I would sign in to WGT, go to the game creation page, I would see " YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED TODAY " ( after 8 pm MY TIME ), and would play a practice hole or round, at the completion of that hole or round, the game creation page says " YOU HAVE PLAYED TODAY ", but NOTHING on the profile page indicates that you have played!!! So until I hear definitive confirmation or denial from WGT, I will stick to MY opinion  :)

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 7:32 PM

My "New Day"  is 8:00 PM my time.  Tonight I waited until 9:30 PM to play the round / hole. I made sure that "you have not played today " was there. I played 1 practice hole, and the game page said I have played today, and  "Next day in 22  hrs & 9 minutes" ( at this writing). My Profile page does NOT show that hole I just played. and if I do NOT play a game that appears on my profile page before tomorrow at 8:pm, I will no doubt lose my current string of 144 consecutive days, because the GAME page says I HAVE PLAYED TODAY !!!

What I have said here is fact...

I have play a single practice hole & game page indicates I have played & when next day starts.

Profile page does NOT show that I have played that practice hole, (nor will it show a scored round that was NOT completed).

I do NOT wish to sacrifice my (current / pathetic) 144 consecutive days to demonstrate the accuracy of my claim...so I would like some input from a WGT official. 

Thank You  :)

• WGTKenobi
    18 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 3:16 PM

We do happen to have a support team who takes care of these issues. You should consider sending them an email as they can help explain things and correct any streak issues.

https://www.wgt.com/contact.aspx

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 4:24 PM

WGTKenobi:

We do happen to have a support team who takes care of these issues. You should consider sending them an email as they can help explain things and correct any streak issues.

https://www.wgt.com/contact.aspx

Thanks for your input WGTKenobi. Please forgive my 1890's computer skills, as playing WGT is 1 of the few things I am capable of doing on a PC. I thought The BUG listing was the appropriate place to report this.

I see the WGT in YOUR nic, if you are part of the WGT organization, it would be most helpful if YOU brought this matter to the proper person & have them contact me.

Thank you in advance for your much needed assistance,

1Universurfr

RSS