Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 10:32 AM

Ray7042:
    Also, after all that time playing and reaching level 102 w/ average score of 66.96 my average score has suddenly been raised to 74.8 yesterday and over 75 today. Again WTF??? Sadly all attempts to contact WGT creators concerning this issue have been ignored, as usual, and I am left wondering if this game is actually worth the effort or time. Truly did enjoy playing WGT and watching my slow and awkward advances over the years but to have them all taken away overnight is unacceptable. Give me a reason for that.

There's nothing unusual going on there, and it has nothing to do with all the changes made to the game.

You recently moved up a tier. When you move up a tier, your average resets because the average is based solely on the scores played at your current tier. Nothing was taken away from you. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 3:43 PM

Ray7042:
    Also, after all that time playing and reaching level 102 w/ average score of 66.96 my average score has suddenly been raised to 74.8 yesterday and over 75 today. Again WTF??? Sadly all attempts to contact WGT creators concerning this issue have been ignored, as usual, and I am left wondering if this game is actually worth the effort or time. Truly did enjoy playing WGT and watching my slow and awkward advances over the years but to have them all taken away overnight is unacceptable. Give me a reason for that.

It's as Robert said (your average is reset when you reach a new tier) and your advances haven't been taken away you've been promoted. A  tour pro is promoted to master when the average of thier  best 30 scores is under 67, I imagine that happened with the 31 (which counts as a 62) you scored on the 6th.

Since then you have played 13 ranked rounds taking 968 strokes giving you an average of 74.4615.  Your average will keep changing until you have played 40 ranked rounds after then it will only go down. (When you shoot less than the worst score included in the 40 that form your average that score will replace the worst one).  That will happen until your average is under 63 at which point you will be promoted to Tour Master and your average will reset again.  Have fun :-)

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 12:24 AM

mikeharrisonda3:

The worst thing I have found with the app is the way it handles balls. I tend to buy packs of 3 at 550 CR a time. I have only used the app after it became the only way to play.   On the app It asks me to buy a pack of 3 about every 5 games. I have just checked and have 8 balls equipped so the app is asking me to but a set of 3 every time I have used one.

I also seem to remember that the durability when I previosly bought was much more than the 25% it now says. Will now (once I have used the 8 I have) probably switch to free balls.

I am sure WGT want to increase profits but I am sure many will now switch to free balls.

I have used WGT for many years satisfactorily but this looks like a rip off.

Mike Harrison

Hi Mike,

All i can say is before you tee off have a good idea how many balls you've left (less than a sleeve or more than a sleeve) or check before you tee off in "Edit Equipment"

When the Pop Up's appear i know it can be easy to panic & click buy when in a game with the Timeclock a ticking, here are the differences to look out for

Hit's left on ball, meaning when this current ball is used you still have balls of this type in your bag

Last Ball Remaining, meaning if you don't click Buy Now you'll have to finish out the round with Starter Balls

Just my opinion but if they can't/don't drop "Hit's left on Ball" then maybe could they change the colour of Last Ball Remaining to Red as in "Danger, danger last ball" 

Ken

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 5:10 AM

Kenher01:

Last Ball Remaining, meaning if you don't click Buy Now you'll have to finish out the round with Starter Balls

You will  not have to finish out the round with starter balls. The last ball warning means just that You are on your last ball, You will only have to finish the round with starter balls if you lose that ball. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 5:48 AM

borntobesting:

Kenher01:

You will  not have to finish out the round with starter balls. The last ball warning means just that You are on your last ball, You will only have to finish the round with starter balls if you lose that ball. 

Not sure about the NV, but on flash, if you ran out of balls, you had plenty of chances ro re-equip. When the last ball was out, there was a pop-up asking whether you want to buy new balls or continue with starters. Even if you chose the starter option, you could still re-equip your previous ball at any time during the round. A red exclamation mark would appear next to the ball icon and if you hovered over it with the cursos, you'd get a pop-up, asking if you want to buy the balls you started the round with and re-equip. I've done it a few times and it worked, your original ball was back in play.

The caveat to all this was naturally that the ball you started with was still available in the pro shop. It wouldn't work, if you ran out of Nikes ;-) 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 4:18 PM

Kenher01:

Close and reopen app. that will give you option again...

• sombod
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 3:29 PM

I agree. Been playing since 2009. This thing now looks like "Super Mario Brothers": playing golf. Used to be a pleasant pastime. Now it's an absurd gimmicky game for people wearing backward hats and driving Mini-Coopers with loud mufflers. Used to spend  a couple of hours a week relaxing (and spending money on "fake" balls) but I'm done with this. It's an abortion of the original game which was the BEST thing going.  

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 3:59 PM

sombod:
    ...an absurd gimmicky game for people wearing backward hats and driving Mini-Coopers with loud mufflers.

Could be a whole new demographic.. don't knock it!   > < 

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:38 AM

I drive a Mini-Cooper with loud muffler .

Driving Mini Cooper GIF by MINI USA - Find & Share on GIPHY

• nesto142
    28 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 7:04 AM

Also here since 09 and I kind of really hate it now. Totally agree with everything you said.

RSS