Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multiplayer Green Speeds

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2020 4:23 PM (5 replies)
  • leewebb
    48 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 6:18 AM

I regularly play stroke play games against a friend. Until the weekend we were both at the Master level; now he has moved to Tour Master. Green speeds in our games used to be set at Very Fast 10. They are now Tournament 11. Is this because he’s gone up a level? 

Is there anyway we can setup games with the VF 10 speed again?

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:16 AM

Yes; Tour Master tier default green speeds are Tournament 11. Only way you can customize green speed is if you choose practice matchplay instead of scored or challenge.

Cheers,

Darren

P.S. - Why are you so scared of Tournament 11 greens? Never hurts to practice them.

• Grezz
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:19 AM

Yeah why? You bloody won the last match anyway :-)

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:21 AM

just seeking confirmation...... I don't like change ;)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 3:58 PM

leewebb:

just seeking confirmation...... I don't like change ;)

LOL - every tier up brings change!  Just wait until you get to Legend - a double whammy!

In multiplayer games, the green speed is set the the highest tier in the game.  I don't know why, it would make sense for the reverse to be true - since higher tiers have played the previous green speeds and the lower tiers rarely play the higher speeds!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 4:23 PM

DoctorLarry:
    In multiplayer games, the green speed is set the the highest tier in the game

This is true but in my experience, it's not always a true number. Legends playing with TLs and above will see faster greens but the "above" don"t always see their true speeds.

WGT introduced fractions of speed a while ago. That is to say they're utilizing the decimal points. A mix of Legends and above usually see something more than 12 but less than 13, by example. 

This is also what they do during the week to mess with green speeds. What you see on Monday isn't always what you see on Friday.  :-)

RSS