Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Getting a better read ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2020 11:37 AM (3 replies)
  • Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 7:45 AM

Seems like no matter how I attack these shots nothing I do works, seems like the power band never works the same way twice. When I think I have increased just enough to compensate for club, lie and wind "bam" it shoots 20 feet past the cup and vice versa. I am at a loss.

y8xDtLJ

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 6:05 AM

Steelhouse:

Seems like no matter how I attack these shots nothing I do works, seems like the power band never works the same way twice. When I think I have increased just enough to compensate for club, lie and wind "bam" it shoots 20 feet past the cup and vice versa. I am at a loss.

y8xDtLJ

You have a 31 Yard club set to pitch. I would chip 9 Yards on that shot w/ backspin.

Remember also, that you have to use 70% of your meter pitching and chipping. So the right club is important.

• Cicero733
    2,290 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 10:27 AM

Try this with a 64 degree wedge set to pitch:

(all shots with FBS)

17 yds 100%                 10 yds 68%

16 yds 96%                     9 yds 64%

15 yds 91%                     8 yds 58%

14 yds 86%                     7 yds 54%

13 yds 82%                     6 yds 50%

12 yds 76%                     5 yds 46%

11 yds 72%

These work on fairway and fringe shots (with some adjustments for elevation). You will need to experiment with your ball and club combination and various green speeds for shots from the rough.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 11:37 AM

And don't forget to check the elevation change from where your ball will land to the pin.

The photo you linked is a prime example..the triangle shows 0 up elevation and yet you can see that the pin is on top of a slope so there is going to be a significant uphill element to consider.

Not all shots are so plainly obvious, best to check each and every time when deciding on which shot you are going to play

RSS