Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wedges....

Mon, Jun 8 2020 8:14 PM (2 replies)
  • russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:37 AM

Morning all....

I reached L74 yesterday, which I understand is a bit of a milestone and treated myself to the Vokey Wedges upgrade, as I have won quite a few credits lately so it made sense to balance that off.... I would have bought them anyway, just justifies it to myself better!! lol

I had the lower level Vokey's and was playing 56, 60, 64 which I had gotten very use to and will be using the same config, however there is obviously the spin to consider so whilst I appreciate it's gonna take me time to adjust and understand the playability, I was wondering if there were any players that had made the same upgrade and had any obvious do's and don'ts!?!?

I've been playing the L47 TP5 which has a spin of 4, but considering going down to the L34 Callaway with a spin of 2.5 and slightly better distance and meter speed.

Any input much appreciated....

Thanks

Russ

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:42 PM

The best thing you can do for yourself is to go out to someplace like BPB#4 and find out what those wedges do. Start with full back spin punches, chips and pitches to get a feel of how much distance control you have with each shot.

Full back spin will tell you how the ball acts on landing and how fast it stops. From there you can gauge how much spin to release to get added roll. The 64w pitch and punch are my absolute go-to shots around the greens.  :-)

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 8:14 PM

Everything Jim said is spot on! The punch will save you in many situations provided you learn the distance and release factors!

Cheers

BABZ

RSS