Help › Forums

Re: Replace individual clubs in iron sets

Fri, Dec 11 2020 2:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 8:45 PM

BagwnSriRajnesh:

Yup that is of course true, I could ditch the shirt.

In general this is not a big deal- I'm trading off rare events.

How often do I use the full ~260 3W? Not often- but it's nice to have it when the situation calls for it.

Same on the 3I vs HY swap-out. I will not have many circumstances where I need 225-240ish exactly. But would be nice to have it in those times. I think it would be handy to have as a rescue club, too.

Basically if I could swap 3I for Hybrid I could have my cake, and eat it too.

Youre not wrong.  But you Can Use a 225 3iup to 240. A flat  spin 3i goes about 240.  Can tweak the spin from there down to 220 with full power.  But yes it is flatter then the hybrid. 

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 5:42 AM

Mythanatos:

BagwnSriRajnesh:

Yup that is of course true, I could ditch the shirt.

In general this is not a big deal- I'm trading off rare events.

How often do I use the full ~260 3W? Not often- but it's nice to have it when the situation calls for it.

Same on the 3I vs HY swap-out. I will not have many circumstances where I need 225-240ish exactly. But would be nice to have it in those times. I think it would be handy to have as a rescue club, too.

Basically if I could swap 3I for Hybrid I could have my cake, and eat it too.

Youre not wrong.  But you Can Use a 225 3iup to 240. A flat  spin 3i goes about 240.  Can tweak the spin from there down to 220 with full power.  But yes it is flatter then the hybrid. 

Agree. My 3W is rated at 262 with apparel and am starting to use it only on long par 5’s.

3i will reach 240 +/- and have noticed my GIR is starting to improve. 3w’s seem too unpredictable compared to the 3i on approach shots.

• SHutcheson
    51 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 2:26 AM

yes, but the high end individually sold wedges are more precise and responsive - much easier to hit closer to the hole - no need to repeat "can't do it" - as in the original post, just wish it was possible - suggestion for WGT to sell more clubs.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 2:32 PM

SHutcheson:
    as in the original post, just wish it was possible - suggestion for WGT to sell more clubs.
    It would require a total reprogramming of the bag, as the full iron set is held in only one slot there. Imagine the costs and the flaws of such changes!

Concerning your wish, remember: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

• PAGES
RSS