Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sending Messages To Individual Friends

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 1 2021 5:28 AM (9 replies)
  • Fairbairn81
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 6:02 AM

How do you send messages to individual friends in the new PC version?  I would think you should be able to do it from their profile page if you're friends.  Don't see a way to do it on the WGT website.  I'm using Google Chrome web browser.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 7:44 AM

Fairbairn81:

How do you send messages to individual friends in the new PC version?  I would think you should be able to do it from their profile page if you're friends.  Don't see a way to do it on the WGT website.  I'm using Google Chrome web browser.

If you are on the steam version, use shift + tab and you get the friends list. You can add friends from there. 

If you are on the launcher, you have to login to the web version to access your friends list. You have to be on your profile page to see the list.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 11:16 AM

Don,

Using shift-tab on Steam opens the list of my Steam friends. I have none, pout! LOL

How do I import my WGT friends list to Steam?

I quickly read through the instructions to add Steam friends and like virtually everything else there got confused. It's tough to be old.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Fairbairn81
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 4:38 PM

Hey John -

You can add me as a Steam friend.  Do a search for fairbairn81 on the add friend page and then you can send me a request.

I don't think you'll be able to import your WGT friends to Steam friends without knowing what Steam name they are using.

Ed

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:54 AM

DufferJohn7:

Don,

Using shift-tab on Steam opens the list of my Steam friends. I have none, pout! LOL

I quickly read through the instructions to add Steam friends and like virtually everything else there got confused. It's tough to be old.

John

You have to add $5 to the steam wallet. Then buy $5 of WGT Credits. Then you can Add Friends. I would add $10 just to be sure.

Problem is, a lot of members don't use their player name. You have to find out what their Steam name is..

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:55 AM

Fairbairn81:

Hey John -

You can add me as a Steam friend.  Do a search for fairbairn81 on the add friend page and then you can send me a request.

I don't think you'll be able to import your WGT friends to Steam friends without knowing what Steam name they are using.

Ed

No I'm afraid not.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 5:36 AM

DufferJohn7:

Don,

John

I tried searching for you John, and you did not come up.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 11:53 AM

DufferJohn7:

Just to clarify and avoid confusion... There are 2 different (and separate) "Friends" lists:  your WGT Friends and your Steam Friends.

There is no 'importing' one list to the other.  They are completely separate.

Fairbairn81:
    How do you send messages to individual friends in the new PC version?

To access your Steam Friends list (and send a message to a Steam Friend), do what Don said (Shift + Tab).

I do not believe there is currently a way to send a message to one of your WGT Friends within either the new PC version or the Steam version of the game.  You can only do that on the WGT web site.

• Mbubbers
    20 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 5:17 AM

If you can't send messages to your WGT friends.....  that sucks. That how we communicate tee times etc

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 5:28 AM

Click on your name 1st & it will open a Drop Down Menu

Ken

RSS