Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Windows App doesn't work anymore

Wed, Jun 23 2021 3:59 PM (22 replies)
  • SeanKoerner
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 9:05 AM

Anytime I open the program it pops up a tiny box that I can't expand or pop out enough to select any options or play. Any one else have this happen?

I have tried uninstalling, restarting, re-installing, restarting, etc. None of this has worked

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 11:27 AM

Is the 'tiny box' the WGT Launcher or the WGT Golf game window?

• MikeToby
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 3:47 PM

I just downloaded the new WGT launcher.  It downloaded ok, I've got a little computer icon on the desktop that say WGT Launcher.  I click on it and it opens a window that says everything is up to date, and so I click on the Play Now button and it brings up another bigger window, but it's just white, so I wait, and wait, and it says it is not responding.  I've deleted it and downloaded it several times and its always the same thing.  I can't get into the game the new way on my desktop computer.  Any ideas out there?  I'd like to at least try the new version, otherwise I'll be quitting on December 29th.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 1:21 AM

Another member recently had a similar issue, but his screen was black. Updating his graphics driver sorted the issue.

You could try that.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 8:25 AM

My WGT LAUNCER APP on my pc has gotten to the point where I MUST reboot my computer just to get the app to load. 

This has gone on for a full 2 weeks now. 

I am to the point where this game is going out the window soon if this continues....

Lets have a fix please. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:01 AM

The log in error is that all is does is sits there and searches for updates, and sits there and searches and searches ...i think the energizer bunny does the same thing, except the bunny works without a bloody reboot of the whole god darn system. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:09 AM

have you tried uninstalling the game, rebooting your PC and reinstalling the game again?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:38 AM

wedge0837:

The log in error is that all is does is sits there and searches for updates, and sits there and searches and searches ...i think the energizer bunny does the same thing, except the bunny works without a bloody reboot of the whole god darn system. 

Try opening the game directory which has the .exe files in it and running the 'golf' file on it's own. This just fires the game up without checking for updates, see if it runs like that.

(no point leaving this here now)  ;)

\/ \/ \/

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 12:19 AM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf
    or
    C:\Program Files\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf
    (Edited)
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 3:23 AM

might be the other way around Scott the x86 should be the 32bit.  In a normal Windows situation, the program files x86 is 32bit.

RSS