Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is this WGT's oldest active player?

Mon, Jun 26 2023 1:37 PM (195 replies)
  • gutzy555
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 12:25 AM

Thanks Simon...  but if I'm a vintage car I would be like Archie Andrews jalopy.

I left for awhile but it's nice to be back. (a lot of changes)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 1:06 AM

gutzy555:

Thanks Simon...  but if I'm a vintage car I would be like Archie Andrews jalopy.

I left for awhile but it's nice to be back. (a lot of changes)

LOL Not that old but sort of this type rather... FYI, the beauty in the video only has some 350 miles on her!!

As far as the game's concerned, oh yes, a lot of changes indeed, so much so that you must be feeling like you're playing a different game. All the parameters are basically identical though so you'll be doing just fine with some practice along the way. Welcome back and good luck! :-)

• daytonidiots
    105 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:42 AM

Pretty cool, thanks

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 5:54 PM
    carlosdev:

Once a king always a king!!! 

- Carl 

But once a Knight is enough.
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 7:05 PM

Nico

In search for the Bali Hai thread that I referred to elsewhere, I came across this one.  As you are in contact with PatchNotes, I think it would make for a very interesting video to have IrishKing on as a guest to talk about the early days of WGT and the 9-hole CTTH at Kiawah (I think), and how things changed in those early days/years.  By the time I started playing in November 2010 WGT had already introduced the Tour Master and Legend tiers a couple of months earlier, and apparently there was a rather big outcry from players that had got bumped up a couple of tiers to play off the back tees with starter clubs.  And even when I joined we only had WGT balls.  In my opinion those were the days of skillful golf, unlike the game we have now where you fire darts at a target.

If there is already a video of IrishKing being interviewed I'd love to see it (I've looked at PatchNotes videos on Twitch but there doesn't seem to be a way of knowing who was in which video).

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:34 AM

Happy anniversary... Can it be 17 years ? Still can t putt :). Time flies.  Hope all are doing great. How about reunion at a top golf . God bless . 

• KennyPerry
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:48 AM

I can’t putt either, it’s like as soon as I figure it out they change the physics model.  😂

cheers,

KennyPerry

RSS