Help › Forums

Re: Fair play

Mon, Mar 21 2022 6:38 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KooKtGooSe
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 11:57 AM

I'm with Chiptowin1 on this.

I have a real beef with this framework, too.

By the way El3n1, I'm sure when you are winning all the time, and not losing all the time, it is a LOT easier to be gracious. Mighty big of you, sir, to give life couching.

Regardless of why higher level players are playing in the coins room were lower levels player can only TRULY compete, is secondary to fairness of the game.

You wouldn't go out on a golf course and do this. Would would usually play with players that are closer to your skill level, b/c is just more comfortable for everyone.

However, like Chiptowin1, over 90% of the time, I am paired with at least level 80+ players. Once in a blue moon to I ever get to play with someone my own level.

So, what has happened is that the game is now saturated with higher level players, and there aren't enough coin rooms to satisfy the new players coming into the game.

THIS will be the reason I will probably drop this game.

I've been gaming for a long ti,e, and this just feels like all the other on-line games, where less skilled player are force to continually take a beating for more skilled players, b/c, truly there is NO PLACE for them, virtually anywhere.

In other words, you can't hide from the beatings if you want to play with other players, because EVERY COIN ROOM is saturated with skilled players.

This is WGT's issue, and I also agree ,,, they just dont give a damn. WGT would serve EVERYONE better if they would implement some more coin rooms, so that the skill players would need to go into Montreal or Chelsea, and harass lower level players to top get their fix.

Golf is not supposed to be a sport where you have to get you @ss kicked by Tor Pros, Masters and Legends every time you want to play with someone.

That's my piece. It's not at all fair, it's tough to be fun for lower level players, and WGT should make the game appealing to  all players, not just the most skilled ones.

This is WGT's issue, and I also agree ,,, they just don't give a damn. Getting frustrated with losing promotes club sales ..... and you truly need to buy credits to get wnough to buy a set of clubs that you can give you a chance of actually winning, once in a while.

• KooKtGooSe
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 12:14 PM

Meant *PARIS .. not Montreal

• KTusk
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 2:01 PM

I'm a level 41 Tour Pro. My average score is high 60's when I'm trying. I've spent way more time in this game than an adult should. I've also spent about $30 on clubs and balls.

I still lose more games than I win in the Chelsea room, and here's why.

Last 40 matches:

Amateur: 1                Lvl 0-40: 2

Pro: 2                        Lvl 40-50: 6

Tour Pro: 21              Lvl 50-80: 6

Master: 12                 Lvl 80-100: 17

Tour Master: 10         Lvl 100+: 9

Legend+: 4

These results lead me to believe that either there is one of two things going on here. Either there is some sort of SBMM system at play, or their are much more high-skilled players than low skilled in the Chelsea room. Maybe both.

Whatever is happening it sucks. I enjoy a difficult challenge when I sit down to play an hour or two on my PC. But, when I pop open my phone to play a quick game in between work meetings or sitting in a waiting room, I don't have the time or focus to Birdie 3/4 holes. Which means I lose the majority of my matches. And, Chelsea is the only room I can realistically play within a 5 minute time span.

Due to this lack of enjoyment, I'm not sure I'll continue to play this game or invest money in balls. I probably will, but only until I find something better.

If anyone else can corroborate these results I've tabulated, I would appreciate it. Misery loves company.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 6:38 AM

Coin rooms filter skill.

Any player that's very good regardless of level or tier won't stay in chelsea long. they will make enough coins and move up to the next room etc etc.

when you stop progressing and start losing more than winning then you passed your skill level and you should start working on things.

Dialing in putting distances so that you have very few 3 putts.

bunker shots.

shots around the green. Either pitch or flop or both.

dialing in the punch shot from less than 50 yards.

perfecting your math on the wind and elevation and how it effects each iron and 3 wood.

eventually get to the point where the hybrid is dropped and a 3rd wedge is picked up.

• PAGES
RSS