Re: Help with Apparel on PCEA

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 28 2022 2:43 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:12 AM

I play on PCEA on Steam on my computer.

I have been playing coin games and upgrading apparel for stats.

Question is about how to keep stats but use a different apparel for better look ?

I saw a 500 credit upgrade for abilities that says it will allow this.

My question is about appearance apparel.  I don't have any as credits are hard to come by so just wanted to know if I could use any of the stats apparel for appearance apparel and still maintain the stats.

Example :  My driver is 289 by default.  I have got the Swing Edge hat and now have driver up to 307.  Can I use another hat and still keep the extra distance. And does that hat have to be an appearance hat that you buy or can it be a hat I got for free in the coin rooms.

Before I spend 500 credits I want to make sure it will work.  Or will I still have to spend more on appearance gear for it to work and keep extra stats.

Thanks,

Michael

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:32 AM

Once you get the 500 Credit Appearance option you can use all your existing apparel for both the Abilities and Appearance.

You will end up with two tabs (Abilities and Appearance) and one set of apparel under each , but you use all your accumulated apparel options for both.

So in your example you would keep the SE Driver Distance hat under the Abilities tab so you get the added  yardage on your driver. Then you can chose any other hat in your Apparel (or no hat) under your Appearance tab and that's what your avatar will look like.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:43 AM

Yes you eventually unlock with silver coins and continued play 4 regular items for each sponsor along with 1 epic and 1 rare. That is potentially 6 variations for each sponsor.  So, the 500 credits to customize your appearance while keeping your equipment boosting stats is a bargain given you get a wide variety of appearance options with that one option.  

This gives you an awful lot of variation to mix and match and find color combinations you like without buying specialty apparel, but those options may end up being cheaper.

I have only recently unlocked a green CM hat and the L9 Foxwinds black jacket and I have been dabbling in coin games on and off for 2 - 3 years.  That said, the higher levels to cost silver coins and the prices go up to unlock a new design so you also need to build up the silver coins in coin rooms.

I have suggested or dabbled with the idea WGT should allow or offer at a price customizing shirts and hats for clubs with their logo.  I think they would sale...

Obviously, the above doesn't exist with the club logo, but it shows how easily it could be created, given how quickly apparel is being added to the game.  

• mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 3:52 AM

Good Morning Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to help me understand that it will work as I had hoped.

Going to upgrade with confidence now thanks to you sharing your knowledge.

Much Appreciation,

Michael

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 5:31 PM

MarchieB:
    Once you get the 500 Credit Appearance option you can use all your existing apparel for both the Abilities and Appearance.

So I already have the appearance and ability tabs.

That means I already have the 500 Cr appearance option?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 6:12 PM

Don, Yes if you have the two tabs then you already have the option. How long have you been playing Mobile/PCEA/Steam?

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 2:14 AM

I have only been playing a few rounds of the PCEA version. My question is....is there much for apparrel that does not add attributes to you clubs or do I have to buy the different apparrel boxes to get this option. TIA.....Cheers

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 2:55 AM

MarchieB:

Don, Yes if you have the two tabs then you already have the option. How long have you been playing Mobile/PCEA/Steam?

Off and on with EA since it came out. I played 2 complete tournaments with it this last week.

Its going alright with it, putting is getting better.

• mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 4:00 AM

Callaghan,

I have built up a rather large inventory of free apparel from each of the brands of apparel.

I can't remember all the names of the brands but there are 5 or 6 that you can obtain free by playing the free 30 minute sponsorship in the coin rooms. 

You can do this by clicking on Play now button and coin rooms page will load.  At the bottom of page you will see "Sponsorship Tab" and just click on it and then choose one of the sponsors available.  I think first tab is WGT and once you play enough coin games with sponsorship more and more of the tabs will become available.  Over time with free 30 minute sponsorship you will win different and unique apparel.  Then the apparel will start to accumulate points and as those points add up each individual piece of apparel will allow you to use the coins you won while playing the coin games to upgrade that piece of equipment.

So over time the color and look of each item will have several different options for a different look and feel.  

Once you have made the 500 credits upgrade of abilities you can select the apparel for stats that will improve the abilities that you want and at the same time also select the appearance apparel for the look you like.  And you can change it and mix and match it all you want.

Hope this clears things up and also enjoy your new discoveries.

Michael 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 2:18 AM

But if I couldn't give tuppence for how I look, all I want is the improved abilities given by each item, then surely the 500 credits for appearance is a complete waste of money.

BTW tuppence is two pence which is nearly 1 new penny and 100th of a pound which is probably about two cents in the US.

• PAGES
RSS