Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Mobile and Networking 101

Fri, May 1 2020 4:06 PM (3 replies)
  • OttoPylot
    109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:10 AM
    WGT Mobile Version Game
    Ok guys and gals, I'm going to post up a few tips about WGT and network connections dealing with the new windows WGT "beta" format or "Mobile" version game.
    First I'll give you my pc specs so you can get an idea of what to expect and where you will need to beef up your current system.
    To start with, before anything else, most important is your isp "network" connection. (it doesn't matter one bit how good and powerful your WGT game machine is if your network connection is mediocre or poor)
    To get best bang for your buck, it's just like they tell you in the games header login, your game is going to play best with a good and fast reliable internet connection. You wont have much success with anything below a 30mbps service. You really need at least a 50meg service for computers and the same if using wifi for your tablet or phone. And at least a 4G LTE connection for you mobile devices.
    I'm running Cox 300 meg service to my computers and wifi router for my mobile when at home.
    I use my ATT 5GE Evo for my mobile game when away from my home.
    (TIP: for most hotels and motels while traveling your going to be better using your phone or tablets 4G or 5GE connection)
    Notice I haven't said anything about the game yet. Your game will never be worth a crap with out good fast connection...
    WGT Computer 1: Alienware RC15(11 months old)
    Win 10 Pro (latest build)
    Core i7 Extreme Gen8
    500gb SSD system/2tb 10,000rpm data
    24gb DDR4 SMM
    Cox 300meg service
    WGT Computer 2 (work) MS Surface Pro 6 (5 months old)
    Win 10 Pro (latest build)
    Core i7 5300m
    500gb SSD system/1tb ext add-on data
    16gbDDR4
    ATT 5G Evo (mobile)
    Cox 300 meg service (wifi)
    Samsung Note 10+ "Creamsicle" pro
    Storage 256gb system/512gb data
    12gb ram
    4G LTE or 5G Evo (mobile)
    Cox 300meg (wifi-home)
    Please Remember, this is an average "general" idea of what is basically needed for a good round of WGT golf. Not without saying you will always find exceptions.
    I will try to keep this updated as I play more, as I learn so much more. Any suggestions, comments or thoughts are always welcomed. After all, this will be shared by everyone and for the intentions of, my club's slogan, Fair Play and Fun for All!
    OttoPylot
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:09 AM

lockdowns really having an affect on some with not a lot to do?

• OttoPylot
    109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:33 AM

guilty of that but just sharing to help the number of times I've been asked about it!

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 4:06 PM

Quick comment, I've been doing fine with 25 MBS service for a long time. 50+ is supposedly coming with my local provider switching to fiber later this year. But this is the best right now. One of the joys of living in the boonies. LoL

DJ7

RSS