Help › Forums

Re: Problems with WGT Eaely access for Mac

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:27 PM (7 replies)
  • Mark0012
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 6:12 PM

To anyone who can help.

I downloaded WGT early access for Mac and it was working fine. However; I went to settings and changed the resolution an now I can't change it back because the screen is to big and it wont let me access the settings icon with my mouse.

How do I revert back to the normal resolution. Is there a magic hot key???

I have tried uninstalling to no avail????

This is a real drama.

Please help.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 6:32 PM

Might sound dumb, but try hitting the esc key...might work?  If not, maybe one of the other function keys.

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 4:46 PM

You might try setting the resolution of your computer (not the game... your computer) to a higher setting than it is.  That might make the size of the WGT game window relatively smaller.  You can then go into the game and change the game resolution back to a lower setting that works better for you.

• dmolin0985
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 5:30 PM

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has been able to solve this issue.  I am totally locked out on my MBA Retina.  The display is windowed and I've gone to the highest resolution on my laptop (via scaling the display function in the System Prefs).  I just can't find a way to go back to full-screen where I can see the settings button.  Ugh...

• dmolin0985
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 8:26 AM

I figured it out.  Bizarre workaround instead of having a hotkey connection to the settings.  Anyway, I hooked up the Macbook Air Retina to a 4K TV.  Then I changed the MBA resolution to 4K, which gave me enough space to get access to the settings and reset the video to full screen.  This solves the problem.

Again, it seems it would be easier to have access to the settings through some key sequence.

Best of luck, all...

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 10:35 AM

I've installed this game on 3 different Mac's.. 2 MBP and an iMac. no screen issues on any of them

That exactly were you trying to do that caused the problem? I can only think that you choose a lower resolution, like 1024 or something?

Unfortunately, on Mac anyway, there is now config file that ive been able to find with in the game packages which you could edit or just toss out and let the game start in default mode again.

It sort of shows a lack of UX/UI design experience that they don't have an escape function in case this sort of thing happens. I mean they do ask you to verify the setting you select in choosing resolution, but it doesn't take the main lobby into consideration I guess.

• MLittle4007
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:12 PM

I screwed up my display too when I was playing w/the settings on Friday night, I clicked the Display to Window and hit the Save & Close button and lost everything at the bottom. But after taking a day to reflect and then start looking around in the folders I found the download.
    Start up your Mac, once its awake and your screen is ready to up to the top and click on FILE... scroll down and click FIND... then type in APPLICATIONS. Make sure where it says SEARCH: that "THIS MAC" is highlighted you should have some folders in there named APPLICATIONS... somewhere in one of those are icons w/the WGT golf Icon click on one of those until the APP opens up and it should be back to normal. One of the folders I clicked on said something like "ERROR: Could not open the app" ... so I clicked on the other one and BINGO!!! It opened up beautifully, my FULL SCREEN was back and I was able to access the bottom of the APP Page.

Hope this helped bro. Its been 4 days now since I filled out a CONTACT US form and all I've heard so far are CRICKETS. 

• MLittle4007
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:27 PM

Mark0012:

To anyone who can help.

I downloaded WGT early access for Mac and it was working fine. However; I went to settings and changed the resolution an now I can't change it back because the screen is to big and it wont let me access the settings icon with my mouse.

How do I revert back to the normal resolution. Is there a magic hot key???

I have tried uninstalling to no avail????

This is a real drama.

Please help.

Hey Mark,
    I screwed up my display too when I was playing w/the settings on Friday night, I clicked the Display to Window and hit the Save & Close button and lost everything at the bottom. But after taking a day to reflect and then start looking around in the folders I found the download.

Start up your Mac, once its awake and your screen is ready go up to the top and click on FILE... scroll down and click FIND... then when the window pops up type APPLICATIONS in the little Search box. Make sure that where it says ...
    Search: This Mac  "Desktop" ... click on THIS MAC.  Somewhere in that sea of folders you should have some blue ones in there named APPLICATIONS... In one of those folders are the WGT golf icons like on your desktop. Click on each of those until you hit the one that opens up and has the WGT icons in it. Then click on each one until the APP opens up like it should in Full Screen mode. I clicked on one and it said something like "ERROR: Could not open the app" ... so I clicked on the other one and BINGO!!! It opened up beautifully, my FULL SCREEN was back and I was able to access the bottom of the APP Page and all the controls and the Settings button.

Its been 4 days now since I filled out a CONTACT US form and all I've heard so far are CRICKETS.

Hope this helped bro, t
    ake Care,
    Michael Little 

RSS