Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 8:04 PM

Much like REO, "I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another..."  that a new course is in the works. I did not hear the name of the course, but my prediction is a new course by June 1st. The date is purely speculation and I have no facts or I would share. I think they announced Torrey Pines at the end of February. Maybe we will here something by then. 

Fingers Crossed Good Luck GIF by Sixt - Find & Share on GIPHY

EDIT: Torrey Pines was announced at the first of January

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 9:52 AM

bwsq:

The 2022 U.S. Open will be played at The Country Club of Brookline in June.

Does this mean we will get this iconic course this year?

I hope so but   I doubt it. WGT has an agreement with the U.S.G.A but not the courses themselves. We didn't get Winged Foot in 2020 and we didn't get Shinnecock Hills in 2018

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 10:08 AM

borntobesting:

bwsq:

The 2022 U.S. Open will be played at The Country Club of Brookline in June.

Does this mean we will get this iconic course this year?

I hope so but   I doubt it. WGT has an agreement with the U.S.G.A but not the courses themselves. We didn't get Winged Foot in 2020 and we didn't get Shinnecock Hills in 2018

A couple years before the US Amateur was played at Bandon Dunes, WGT announced that was the new direction they were going and that they were doing Bandon Dunes full course. (not Winged Foot or Shinnecock Hills) The next two Amateurs were at Pebble and then Pinehurst. That was about the same time that We used a best of course for the VUSO. By the time 2020 got here and Bandon Dunes was next up, the subject was dropped and it never came to fruition. Torrey Pines was a return to how WGT had previously been doing it. I am guessing after failing to get Bandon Dunes, they have gone away from informing us of their intentions.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 11:01 AM

I wonder if the signs at Chambers Bay have any connection with what's up and coming?

⇩ EDIT : Lol. ⇩

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 11:18 AM

ScottHope:

I wonder if the signs at Chambers Bay have any connection with what's up and coming?

You might be on to something...

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 8:51 PM
  • SewersStink
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2022 2:18 PM

Whey did WGT lose its ability to add new courses?  That is really bad news for me as someone who is tired of the same old same old.  Might have to finally abandon ship. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2022 8:34 AM

SewersStink:

That is really bad news for me as someone who is tired of the same old same old.

With 64 ranked rounds in 3 years and an average over 82, it is obvious you have played all the courses hundreds of times and have mastered them all. Hopefully they will get a new course for you soon so you won't become too tired of having nothing new to learn.

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2022 11:35 AM

BPeterson8256:
    With 64 ranked rounds in 3 years and an average over 82, it is obvious you have played all the courses hundreds of times and have mastered them all. Hopefully they will get a new course for you soon so you won't become too tired of having nothing new to learn.

🤣😆😂

• Carolinataheel2
    46 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2022 10:55 AM

Assuming WGT can't get Pine Valley, Augusta National, Cypress Point, or Winged Foot, any of the following would be excellent additions:

• Muirfield Village (Ohio) Jack Nicklaus
    • Peachtree (Georgia) Bobby Jones & Robert Trent Jones
    • Baltusrol Lower (NJ) AW Tillinghast
    • Royal Melbourne (Australia) Alister Mackenzie 
    • Harbour Town (SC) Pete Dye *we don't have the complete course on WGT
    • Turnberry-Ailsa (Scotland) Willie Fernie 
    None of these courses are on PGA Tour 2k21. 

RSS