Help › Forums

Re: Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • Silverwax
    42 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 2:13 PM

borntobesting:

xxxhogheadxxx:

I would like to see Torrey Pines South & North courses added.  My best score is a 79 on the North side.  South course, much more difficult, and have an 85 on it.  A public golf course that costs around $47 with twilight rates for city residents.

It will be which ever course the U.S.G.A. plans on using for the U.S. Open. 

the course that is being used for the US Open is the south course. 

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:53 AM

Cleworthy:

I wonder how many pin locations per hole they will give us? Please, not just one.

Definitely.  Having a 2nd set of pin locations makes the courses much more interesting because holes can play entirely differently.

• waspbull
    25 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 7:12 PM

Most likely to be one of the courses in play for matches, etc. only I think.  If they want a real challenge, and a course that will again soon get a U.S. Open, try Oakland Hills.  Watching amateurs play it from the back tees is like watching a train wreck, plane crash and car accident happen all at once in the exact same location.  The forward tees are playable, but it's hard to get a round in if you're not a member or connected (lucky me...my best friend since I was 5 has a managerial level position that comes with club privileges) so they want to play the back tees.  Most members and frequent guests know the folly of the back tees.  Usually the regulars that play from tips do so because they are good enough. 

• Silverwax
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 8:54 AM
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 9:16 AM

Silverwax:

Thank you for sharing this! 👍🏼👍🏼

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 10:47 AM

BPeterson8256:

Silverwax:

Thank you for sharing this! 👍🏼👍🏼

Happy New Year Brett.

If you haven't already, click around the South Course website and you can find all kinds of neat stuff... Scorecards, Yardages, Green Layouts for each hole, etc...

Good stuff man

Don

• Silverwax
    42 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2021 12:52 PM

The last 2 rounds of the Farmers Tournament will be playing on the Torrey Pines South Course, tomorrow and Sunday.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrey_Pines_Golf_Course

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 11:53 AM

The 2022 U.S. Open will be played at The Country Club of Brookline in June.

Does this mean we will get this iconic course this year?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 7:40 PM

bwsq:
    Does this mean we will get this iconic course this year?

Given Torrey Pines was added not long ago (in WGT time) I doubt there will be anything new for a while.

I thought I saw a video on you tube, a while back, where Chad Nelson was doing a fly over Shinnecock, hmmmmm...

RSS