Mon, May 3 2021 9:07 AM (79 replies)
  • pdb1
    21,898 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:51 PM

Robert1893:

DakotaDog61:
    4.25"

Phew!

I'm glad we finally got that clarified. For the last 5 months, I've been wondering about that. 

craigswan:

From tomorrow WGT led by wgticon will make a significant change to this golf site .

With at least 5 million people quitting golf in the last 5 years and younger players spurning the game because it is so difficult wgticon has persuaded his bosses to encourage a younger demographic .

Beginning at midnight eastern time -  hacks ,tour pro's and tour master's will have the hole diameter increased  to 15 inches . This will help them play faster in multi-player game modes and should also lower their scores by 5 strokes in every nine holes of play .

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

The USGA rule: Pin Specifications

The hole's outer diameter must not exceed 4 1/4 inches, the depth is a minimum of 4 inches and the liner must sit 1 inch below the putting surface.

• pdb1
    21,898 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 9:43 AM

With more and more of the " mobile type " , Non communicative , But curious as to how to tier up .

I think more and more of you are finding these forums . The title of this thread is an eye catcher . 

Below are the requirements that the 10's and 100's of thousands of PC WGTers from 2007 to 2020 . Used as our bible . 

Those exact requirements are what each and every one followed . 

SIMON SAYS :

The ranked rounds are :

1) MP Stroke Play rounds through the " CREATE A GAME " and " JOIN A GAME . Formats . 

2) WGT's Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play rounds with default settings . 

3) Country Club Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play rounds . Tiered with custom conditions .

Note : WGT scores 9 hole ranked round the same as an 18 hole ranked round . 

IE : 18 holes = 72 

9 holes = 72 .

This cuts the time it takes to tier up in half . Instead of 16 years . It only takes 8 years . Lol jk not . 

Note : Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play . Are a different format than any others . The purpose of these rounds is to enable the player to play the courses over and over and over again . 

To hone their skills , move up in tier , and lower their average . 

Unfinished rounds do not count against ones average . You may quit or restart the round at anytime .

Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play . Is the only format with the RESTART option . Which is the whole point in playing Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play .

Game completion % is turned off in this format . 

The only round that counts in the Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play rounds is a round you finish . 

Hypothetically one could play Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play . Only finish rounds that are at or lower than your average . And your average would only ever go lower and lower . Every time you finished a round . 

FYI .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull410

• bossbird
    1,124 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 10:27 AM

Just to reiterate custom courses and par three and fives don’t count as ranked for tier progress

• pdb1
    21,898 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 1:12 PM

bossbird:

Just to reiterate custom courses and par three and fives don’t count as ranked for tier progress

pdb1:
    Country Club Unlimited Play Single Player Stroke Play rounds . Tiered with custom conditions .

These most certainly are ranked rounds . And because one can customize the conditions . They are actually fun . Compared to the WGT boring old default everything tourneys of the same format . 

Just to assure you That I did not ever say that Custom courses and or par 3's & 5's were ranked . I am well aware they are not . 

To also clear any suspicion that I may be stereotyping Mobile players in a certain way . I most certainly know the difference between The many many very WGT aware Mobile players . That came up through the system . Either lucky enough or smart enough to go the extra effort to blend the 2 so well . 

If I may call you Lesley . I certainly would want to avoid disrespecting you and what so many of you have done to bridge that gap for so long . 

My old CC had about 20 exclusively Mobile players . That were WGT Universe the whole way . 

I am not the OP of this thread . But I chose this thread to post this update . Mostly because of the stereotype that the title conveys . 

Mobile Players w/150 Averages . And mid level averages and mid level tiers . Etcetera . 

I do also know that it is not entirely their fault that WGT dropped the ball in the way of informing the Mobile world that there was already a pretty good thing going over in the WGT Universe . 

Almost as though they kept them from it . 

But whatever the case and however they came to be mid level this and that . I am positive they are not regular WGT Universe converts . 

Some may just be humble and quiet . They are still uninformed . 

And the arrogant , foul mouthed , poor sports . Are also not WGT Universe converts . 

And are also GR8ly uninformed . 

Honestly I was only trying to inform . Not insult . Like they do regularly . 

And because no less than 25 times . I have been asked by a Tour Pro . How they can become a Master ? 

Lol . Those coin games were designed to not be able to engage in lengthy informative conversations . 

Easily 75 % of my DQ's are from over chatting . Usually when I'm up a few strokes and I get too comfortable . BAM 2nd timeout . pdb1 has been disqualified . Lol .

Here are the formats that do not count . 

*9 SHADES OF GREY" .

• reggie7900
    740 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 3:07 PM

• pdb1
    21,898 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 3:53 PM

I'm sorry you misunderstand me R . These are players that I play matches with . 

Truth be told probably 70 % of the players I meet from the mobile platform are very upstanding individuals . 

I post information for those that had no way else to get the information . While I am hoping that some appreciate some of the knowledge . 

At the same time . I encounter some very rude individuals in some of my coin games . They effect me because it is me that they disrespect . 

I may call them out once in a while . But I am not obsessed with them . I do not hate them . I will gladly play a match with the ones with the worst attitudes any time . 

I have to laugh at them often as they have their tantrums . Or give me the silent treatment . Then forfeit our game with 1 shot left . 

This started out with me just explaining to whoever didn't know . The procedures that we played as we came up . . 

There are a lot of them that do not know . That's not all their fault . I am sure there are some that find it good information . 

I have nothing but the highest praise for the vast majority of players that make up the WGT Universe . That is how I see them and have for 10 years . 

Please . If you are not a bad apple . Then I wasn't talking to you . Or about you . 

• alosso
    20,275 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 11:08 PM

bossbird:

After a preface that only stroke play rounds may be ranked, we have to split this statement about play on CC Custom courses, Par3s and Par5s:

1) These may be ranked stroke play rounds (unless practice), thus showing in the scoring history.

2) At the same time, they do not count towards the average, towards saturation and towards the tiering process.

• bossbird
    1,124 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 4:22 AM

Yes, Alosso , you have always posted this very clearly .

I think part of the ongoing confusion is the stats that we have on our profile pages , that don’t differentiate the rounds played that count as ranked rounds from those that count towards tier and ave. 

• pdb1
    21,898 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 5:02 AM

alosso:

bossbird:

After a preface that only stroke play rounds may be ranked, we have to split this statement about play on CC Custom courses, Par3s and Par5s:

1) These may be ranked stroke play rounds (unless practice), thus showing in the scoring history.

2) At the same time, they do not count towards the average, towards saturation and towards the tiering process.

bossbird:

Yes, Alosso , you have always posted this very clearly .

I think part of the ongoing confusion is the stats that we have on our profile pages , that don’t differentiate the rounds played that count as ranked rounds from those that count towards tier and ave. 

Yes . You both are correct . As usual . 

And while we are breaking down specifics . The 3 above mentioned formats . Custom , 3's & 5's . Are a grey area of distinction ( as mentioned ) . The performance stats are still recorded . Holers , Albatrosses , Eagles , Birdies , Longest drive , etc . 

Let's also not fail to mention these other 2 popular formats .

Single Play Stroke Tournaments 

and

Stroke Bracket Tournaments 

Are both ranked . And also do effect ones average . 

Many non saturated players will avoid these tournaments . As 1 bad round that a dedicated entrant would not WithDrawl from . Could set them back a bit .

While a WD from the event would avoid the rise in the average . The player would still have to face the wrath of the Host of the event for the WD . 

The WD would also count against game completion % . Which IDK if that is still a thing . 

As colored balls ( icons ) do not seem to be a function compatible with the new format . 

• alosso
    20,275 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 9:07 AM

pdb1:
      Let's also not fail to mention these other 2 popular formats .

Single Play Stroke Tournaments 

and

Stroke Bracket Tournaments 

Are both ranked . And also do effect ones average .

You cannot say it this way, I'm afraid.

It depends on the venue. Both tournaments may be on a Par3 (in effect, brackets often are) and NOT affect the average.

pdb1:
      Many non saturated players will avoid these tournaments . As 1 bad round that a dedicated entrant would not WithDrawl from . Could set them back a bit .
    Players with such mindset haven't thought it through, since a "bad" score would be dropped from the average, sooner or later. The setback is only the minutes they finalized it, and they are rewarded with practice and experience.

pdb1:
      The WD would also count against game completion % .
    No it would not, as this is solo play.

RSS