Help › Forums

Re: Is this game fixed

Thu, Apr 11 2024 2:30 AM (113 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2022 10:30 AM

LeftyMcGee7:
    Yes. Actually, you have

Of course he has!!!! I posted the pic, he saw that.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2022 10:33 AM

LeftyMcGee7:

"A coin has three sides: heads, tails and the edge. Intelligence is found on the edge." - Robert Kiyosaki

That's why all the intelligent people are trying to find corners in the coins....

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2022 10:34 AM

HamdenPro:

LeftyMcGee7:
    Yes. Actually, you have

Of course he has!!!! I posted the pic, he saw that.

Sure i have...responded you too...:)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 1:11 AM

Yiannis1970:

LeftyMcGee7:

"A coin has three sides: heads, tails and the edge. Intelligence is found on the edge." - Robert Kiyosaki

That's why all the intelligent people are trying to find corners in the coins....

You got that right LOL

• boozinn
    16 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2022 4:57 AM

BrianCheese:

What are peoples thoughts on WGT being weighted in favour of people who spend money on their product?

I've played the game for many years, but have never had the inclination to spend money on it because it lacks consistency; doesn't work the same on differing machines and in my opinion prevents you from scoring low unless you've spent money on WGT products.

tournaments  are  rigged

• BrianCheese
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 4:24 PM

"tournaments  are  rigged"

That's just asking for trouble, especially on here where nothing is ever grey and everything is black and white, especially in the eyes of Legend level and higher.

I could not see past the fact I believed WGT to be rigged. But, I've changed that opinion over the last couple of years; not entirely, but enough to consider that creating a totally realistic golf simulation is as close as it will ever be with WGT.

I believe that improving equipment improves your game - not immediately, you need however long a person individually needs to get used to his tools. But I also believe that having a lot of credit also improves your game; playing golfers who are better than you improves your game (whereas playing golfers worse than you exposes the algorithm to 'level' up - basically the handicap system doesn't really work in WGT if you have shedloads of money) and playing in tournaments improves your game, but only because the degree of uncertainty and the unpredictability stakes are raised - you're in a tournament, you have to be at the top of your game or you'll lose. People who shoot 55s, 56s, 57s etc will have the best equipment, the most expensive balls, the best boosts (when applicable) and will have played long enough to be supremely confident 98% of the time.

There is much that is not realistic about WGT. It is a product driven game that doesn't take into account that real golfers will become so accustomed to their equipment they rarely make the mistakes that WGT enforces on players with less expensive equipment. It can't be totally realistic, but it's closer than anything I've seen from the 90s when golf simulations were big. 

It is a monetised game, it is focused on boosts and help and spending cash to improve your standard - practice is never taken into consideration (unless you're upgrading all the time), all it does is makes you better and more aware that if you've got rubbish clubs, the percentage of a shot not going the way you expect is going to be higher.

There's also the random duff shot generator (as I like to think of it), that either sends a ball in a completely different direction than you aim or somehow is 20 yards short despite all the prevailing weather and conditions on your side and you hit the shot too hard... But there's also the other side of the 2-sided coin... how often do you make an absolute howler of a shot and it ends up being exactly what you intended, either by flukes or the wind?

I think the 'is it fixed' debate will always have its sides. I think it's consistent enough to not be fixed and usually the unpredictability factor that comes into play at times makes you dumbfounded with frustration, but it isn't the game being against you, you just had a bad roll of the dice - *** happens - sometimes a very inaccurate shot is a bonus and an almost totally accurate shot does what you expected the inaccurate shot to do. That's why people get frustrated.

I'm told I'm a good player given the cheap clubs I have. I've played with rentals way above my pay grade and played even better, but that's mainly down to course familiarity (and when I play a hack, amateur or pro who hands me my *** on a plate, I usually put that down to they were a Legend in a former life and know the course or the clubs they're using).

Without ever resorting to some of the snide and condescending remarks many of the members like to make (because they probably feel terribly inadequate somewhere else in their house); it's just what it is. If you never improve your equipment you'll probably remain frustrated, but some weeks you won't and every putt will go in and every wedge shot will land by the pin.

Is the game fixed? Absolutely but not at all (get more money, practice more, but even then you'll have crap rounds, just less of them than with cheap clubs).

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2022 4:21 AM

For all the 'conspiracy theorist ' players out there,

WGT has just announced a NEW apparel item just for you ...

• boozinn
    16 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 4:01 AM

BrianCheese:

"tournaments  are  rigged"

That's just asking for trouble, especially on here where nothing is ever grey and everything is black and white, especially in the eyes of Legend level and higher.

I could not see past the fact I believed WGT to be rigged. But, I've changed that opinion over the last couple of years; not entirely, but enough to consider that creating a totally realistic golf simulation is as close as it will ever be with WGT.

I believe that improving equipment improves your game - not immediately, you need however long a person individually needs to get used to his tools. But I also believe that having a lot of credit also improves your game; playing golfers who are better than you improves your game (whereas playing golfers worse than you exposes the algorithm to 'level' up - basically the handicap system doesn't really work in WGT if you have shedloads of money) and playing in tournaments improves your game, but only because the degree of uncertainty and the unpredictability stakes are raised - you're in a tournament, you have to be at the top of your game or you'll lose. People who shoot 55s, 56s, 57s etc will have the best equipment, the most expensive balls, the best boosts (when applicable) and will have played long enough to be supremely confident 98% of the time.

There is much that is not realistic about WGT. It is a product driven game that doesn't take into account that real golfers will become so accustomed to their equipment they rarely make the mistakes that WGT enforces on players with less expensive equipment. It can't be totally realistic, but it's closer than anything I've seen from the 90s when golf simulations were big. 

It is a monetised game, it is focused on boosts and help and spending cash to improve your standard - practice is never taken into consideration (unless you're upgrading all the time), all it does is makes you better and more aware that if you've got rubbish clubs, the percentage of a shot not going the way you expect is going to be higher.

There's also the random duff shot generator (as I like to think of it), that either sends a ball in a completely different direction than you aim or somehow is 20 yards short despite all the prevailing weather and conditions on your side and you hit the shot too hard... But there's also the other side of the 2-sided coin... how often do you make an absolute howler of a shot and it ends up being exactly what you intended, either by flukes or the wind?

I think the 'is it fixed' debate will always have its sides. I think it's consistent enough to not be fixed and usually the unpredictability factor that comes into play at times makes you dumbfounded with frustration, but it isn't the game being against you, you just had a bad roll of the dice - *** happens - sometimes a very inaccurate shot is a bonus and an almost totally accurate shot does what you expected the inaccurate shot to do. That's why people get frustrated.

I'm told I'm a good player given the cheap clubs I have. I've played with rentals way above my pay grade and played even better, but that's mainly down to course familiarity (and when I play a hack, amateur or pro who hands me my *** on a plate, I usually put that down to they were a Legend in a former life and know the course or the clubs they're using).

Without ever resorting to some of the snide and condescending remarks many of the members like to make (because they probably feel terribly inadequate somewhere else in their house); it's just what it is. If you never improve your equipment you'll probably remain frustrated, but some weeks you won't and every putt will go in and every wedge shot will land by the pin.

Is the game fixed? Absolutely but not at all (get more money, practice more, but even then you'll have crap rounds, just less of them than with cheap clubs).

I've  played  enough  tournaments  to  know  what  goes  on and  i  have  heard  others  say  they  experience  the  same  thing.  Some  tournaments  i  might  be  -9  on the  front  9  then  i  cant  make  a  birdie  for  the  next  5  holes . Why  because  all  of  a  sudden  i'm  playing  bad  ?  nope,  wgt limiter kicks  in. They  want  somone  else  to  win. Other  times  like  recently  i  play  a  9  hole  tournament  and  the  greens  are  ridiculous and  unplayable  and  i  shot  3 under. So  ok  i  accept  my  score  then  i  look  at  the  leader  board  and  the  leader  shoots  -10.

RSS