Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is this game fixed

Thu, Oct 26 2023 4:26 PM (110 replies)
    4,109 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 5:51 PM

Mythanatos:

Set of the week tourneys were a great way to test your ability without club advantages.

That they are.  Funny how quickly our club's leaderboards change when it's a SOTW tournament.

• Tombstonetom
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 8:30 PM

I agree totally with you, Brian. It is fun to play, but, like the old saying goes, " A fool and his money are soon parted", if you spend any money on this game!! 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 9:25 AM

pdb1:
    I am sure that just by virtue of it being my post . Many will decline this explanation .

I have read the entire VEM Patent several times . There are so many more applications beyond what I said above .

If you believe its VEM that these players are talking about then how do you explain those of us (Its a large number) that post fairly consistent scores across courses and conditions?

I wont debate VEM but it is not whats causing these players to shoot 35 or worse on every course they play, Thinking it is may become the reason they dont get better though.

8802:
    That they are.  Funny how quickly our club's leaderboards change when it's a SOTW tournament.

Of course it does, It negates the hours people spend mapping clubs on different courses.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 3:47 PM

something like 95% of all patents are never commercialized.  VEM is more than likely an idea that never saw reality.

and  the continued success of the same individuals in tournaments time and time again indicates that.

it does however seem to exist as an excuse for inconsistent players.

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 10:57 AM

I will ask the OP the same as I ask others who insist the game is fixed:  Let's see some evidence to back up your claims.  Video or copious notes please.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 12:29 PM

bwsq:

I will ask the OP the same as I ask others who insist the game is fixed:  Let's see some evidence to back up your claims.  Video or copious notes please.

I agree with the above post. I don't even understand what "fixed" means. You play against an opponent; sometimes they win and sometimes you win. If you are playing solo stroke, what incentive would there be for wgt (or any company) to "fix" the game so a paying customer has a miserable time?. 

The only thing wgt should be fixing are all the glitches. Then many of the players (like yours truly) would return. From what I've read in numerous posts, the way it is now makes for a frustrating experience.

ct

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 12:59 PM

Like I said, if you need an excuse for poor and/or inconsistent play. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 1:50 PM

ct690911:
    The only thing wgt should be fixing are all the glitches. Then many of the players (like yours truly) would return.

Agreed.  Their development team needs to be fixing bugs, not doing stupid stuff like re-working the My Tournaments page (and screwing that up too), that nobody asked for.

RSS