Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forfeits

Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:14 AM (29 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 2:29 AM

This guy must be the worst I've ever come across so far!

Cursing + Disconnecting + Intentionally taking the maximum number of strokes + Running out the timer each one... You name it, he's done 'em all.

This idiot alone wasted at least 9-10 minutes of my entire 30-minute coin room playing time. Have a look. Enjoy.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 3:32 AM

It's a shame when people who have good grammatical ability turn to the dark side.

Pick yourself up Simon, dust yourself down and move on to the next one.  ; )

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 4:05 AM

I have ran into them myself both male and female, you have all the screen shots to prove it WGT should boot them out  forever

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 8:00 AM

in general what those types of people want is a few things. 1) they just want to make you mad.

2)they might want to make you FF so they get the coins etc.

Never FF to these types just creates more situations for everyone where they do it to more people because it paid off.

once they do start the timer burns and max shot thing. after a couple of them i will send the message. something like Im watching TV. or I'm sitting in a bar talking to friends and I have all night. 

Most of the time once they realize they aren't getting to you they will FF out themselves. very rarely will they keep going.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:07 AM

Another tactic I employ is reporting them to their clubs owner, if they are a member of a club. Explaining that it doesn’t do anything for the clubs reputation to allow such disrespectful players being in their club . 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 11:10 AM

Mythanatos:
    i will send the message. something like Im watching TV. or I'm sitting in a bar talking to friends and I have all night. 

I do the same exact thing. I usually tell them, "go ahead, I got all night, going to go make a cappuccino and roll some cigs, be back later...take your time..."

So far, this has worked everytime.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 11:51 AM

ScottHope:
    It's a shame when people who have good (grammatical) ability turn to the dark side.

ScottHope:
    Pick yourself up Simon, dust yourself down and move on to the next one.  ; )

I already have, Scott. Cheers. :-)

mrmp1:

I have ran into them myself both male and female, you have all the screen shots to prove it WGT should boot them out  forever

You're right. They should but... the abusers get banned only for a week AFAIK.

Mythanatos:
    Never FF to these types just creates more situations for everyone where they do it to more people because it paid off.

Exactly! I watched him doing it all, didn't even bother typing a letter and just tapped in my putt when it was FINALLY my turn.

bossbird:
    Another tactic I employ is reporting them to their clubs owner, if they are a member of a club. Explaining that it doesn’t do anything for the clubs reputation to allow such disrespectful players being in their club . 

Good tactic. You also once ran into this fella. I saw your wall message (among some others') on his profile page. Apparently, he's known for his "dark side" after all.

• SirPuttersby
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 9:07 PM

Same thing happened to me today. What happened to losing with grace?

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 11:08 PM

Mythanatos:

in general what those types of people want is a few things. 1) they just want to make you mad.

2)they might want to make you FF so they get the coins etc.

once they do start the timer burns and max shot thing. after a couple of them i will send the message. something like Im watching TV. or I'm sitting in a bar talking to friends and I have all night. 

Most of the time once they realize they aren't getting to you they will FF out themselves. very rarely will they keep going.

Another tactic is to not play Mythanatos in a coin game on Pinehurst 4. He will birdie and win ;-)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:14 AM

Babzilla33:
    Another tactic is to not play Mythanatos in a coin game on Pinehurst 4. He will birdie and win ;-)

wish i could do it all the time. I hit a good approach. for a rare easy birdie on that hole. i probably only birdie that thing 1/5 times.

RSS