Forums

Help › Forums

Re: VEM

Sat, Dec 4 2021 2:21 PM (21 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:40 AM

outer edges of a bell curve randomizer that people would rather believe is a conspiracy against them. 

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 9:20 AM

PureGro1:

What if ya got it backwards....

How do you know if your beautiful shots are the result of VEM and the Bad shots are actually all on you?

VEM helps me correct my poorly aimed shots. 

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:32 AM

PureGro1:
    Is your contention that w/o the spinning you would not have made those putts?

Not at all. My two putts were lucky as crap. My hypothesis was,and is, spinning around like a fool does not confuse the VEM.

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:36 AM

Yiannis1970:
    If so, Jay would be laughing so much!!! And we as well!!!

Is your point "I am dumb"?

You could have simply stated that instead of quoting my entire post.  My only point was VEM exist, not that there is a cheat for it.

I am so glad I made You, Jay and others laugh.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:41 AM

HamdenPro:

Yiannis1970:
    If so, Jay would be laughing so much!!! And we as well!!!

Is your point "I am dumb"?

You could have simply stated that instead of quoting my entire post.  My only point was VEM exist, not that there is a cheat for it.

I am so glad I made You, Jay and others laugh.

Hello there. No, my point was not to indicate you are dumb. My point was that Jay created a funny video to mock vem. The first putt is straight (double break), meanwhile all the others (and the calculations) have no meaning whatsoever!! He just placed the aimer at a spot he knew the ball would have gone into the cup. As for why i quoted your entire post:

''I went to Wolf Creek front 9 to test this theory. On #1, I was on in 2 with a 28' putt. I did as in the video and boom....dropped for E.  Then on to #2, big tailwind slightly right to left and I drove the green 38' from cup.  I do as in the video and BOOM, ....dropped for an E...OMG< I think, this works....The next few holes I made birds but they were short putts and then the wheels fell off.......no more "confusing the VEM"  lol....''

The only reason why your first 2 putts dropped is because they were either straight or double break with no need to move the aimer. Your next putts, weren't....

Of course VEM exists, there's no doubt about and they have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many threads about it but there is no way to beat vem. I stop here...over and out and have a nice day.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 7:28 AM

HamdenPro:
    Not at all. My two putts were lucky as crap. My hypothesis was,and is, spinning around like a fool does not confuse the VEM.

Ahh, Fair enough!

Your OP just read different, I dont think Yiannis was insulting you but maybe confused as I was as to what your contention about the video was. 

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 9:36 AM

PureGro1:
    what your contention about the video was

I appreciate both you and Yiannis' replies.  My contention, simply, was that there are no cheats and that someone actually went to the extent to post a you tube video about a cheat which was false. As far as my trying it out, well.....who would not give a try for the sake of trying and proving the cheat was crap. The fact that I made the back to back eagles (which, btw, were not straight or double breaks) made me have a brief Holy snaikes moment when they dropped but, obviously, when the wheels fell off, I knew the "cheat" was crap.

I just thought it was a funny story because at first it seemed it actually worked!!!!

So, on that note, the lesson learned is that I should probably just stay out of these forum threads.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 11:48 AM

HamdenPro:

I just thought it was a funny story because at first it seemed it actually worked!!!!

Agree, what I found interesting was...thinking back I have played games where my opponent would spin themselves, I kinda figured it was their method of reading the green or something. Now I wonder if they were trying the Videos putting method.

HamdenPro:
    So, on that note, the lesson learned is that I should probably just stay out of these forum threads.

Hope not, your one of the few posters I almost always read what you have to say. Having been on and around multiple forums for a very long time- your demeanor suits it well.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 1:01 PM

HamdenPro:

I agree 100% with your first sentence and disagree 100% with the second, especially when was only a misunderstanding.

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 2:31 PM

Yiannis1970:
    disagree 100% with the second, especially when was only a misunderstanding.

Thanks, I am not offended by anything said. Sometimes I think, after the fact, that something I posted is pretty stupid and regret it later, not that this was the case here. I just mean, overall, I should just read the threads more but reply less...lol.  I actually intended on removing my post but, as I am 24/7 forever being moderated, and I can not delete post until after it appears, I was not quick enough.

On the whole, everyone has been great, I enjoy reading the threads and have learned alot from doing so and have made some great friends along the way. 

RSS