Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "problem with your internet connection" on chrome

Wed, Jun 24 2020 1:21 PM (6 replies)
  • Terry331800
    218 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 10:33 AM

I've searched for this type of issue in the forum and found way too much to read and much of it is old and probably outdated.

I have this problem only in the chrome browser...……….. unless I open a Chrome Incognito window, then it works. I've tried many things but obviously not the right one. What am I missing?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Terry

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 9:39 AM

Terry331800:

I've searched for this type of issue in the forum and found way too much to read and much of it is old and probably outdated.

I have this problem only in the chrome browser...……….. unless I open a Chrome Incognito window, then it works. I've tried many things but obviously not the right one. What am I missing?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Terry

Chrome used to be just about everyone's go to browser for WGT but for the last several years Chrome as been poor at best. There are just too many rock solid browsers to keep trying to use Chrome. I use either Comodo Dragon version 29.1.0.0. A very old version but a very good solid version, or Flash Peak Slimjet version 8.0.5.0. Both browsers use NPAPI flash which in my opinion works better that PPAPI pepper flash, 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 1:56 AM

Chrome works the very best for me. No issues at all. Only one I have ever used.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:44 AM

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:34 AM

Microsoft Edge     work just fine  for WGT.

• AnnWeber
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 10:47 AM

You probably need to change your browser. Probably problems with chrome. I had a situation when I needed to install the program, but I couldn't do it. I tried many times and only then realized that it was necessary to change the browser. But even so, my problem was not solved, the program was installed but I could not work in it because of the low Internet speed. As a result, I changed my provider to usave.co.uk. The speed has increased and I pay less I am very happy. I hope you solve your problem.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 1:21 PM

borntobesting:
    Chrome used to be just about everyone's go to browser for WGT but for the last several years Chrome as been poor at best. There are just too many rock solid browsers to keep trying to use Chrome. I use either Comodo Dragon version 29.1.0.0. A very old version but a very good solid version, or Flash Peak Slimjet version 8.0.5.0. Both browsers use NPAPI flash which in my opinion works better that PPAPI pepper flash, 

I am predominantly a chrome user if it becomes a little slow or slight meter jumpy I will occasionally go to Brave....

That being said I have been doing some extensive research on how to continue using "Flash" after the "Doomsday date of Dec 2020...And I have found some comments about using Comodo Dragon particularly  the Old version 29.1.0.0...But have been unsuccessful in finding it available for Windows 10....As the word seems to point to NPAPI flash as the way to go for still having flash..... Maybe "Flash Peak Slimjet" is available for Win 10?  

RSS