Help › Forums

Re: Diamond leagues

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2021 4:45 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ishotinhole
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 11:39 AM

Here is what wgt tells me about being moved from Diamond 1 to Diond 2 even though the cut line was 70 and I was 37

Support (WGT)

Jan 28, 6:47 PM CST

Hi John,
    Thank you for the message. Please note that players that remain in the same division for longer than two weeks would be moved down one tier. This is to keep the game fresh for players and provide the ability to earn more coins by moving up in division again.

Best Regards,

My response is most players don't play for the coins because they are useless except to play diamond league 

When wi wgt ever get it

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 11:48 AM

You really showed them good.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 12:29 PM

ishotinhole:
    most players don't play for the coins because they are useless except to play diamond league

Not to sound patronizing, but if you feel that "the coins ... are useless", which for the most part they are, doesn't that therefore make the Diamond Leagues just as useless if the only thing you can get from them is MORE useless coins?

• jimmyvthejedi
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2021 2:46 AM

ahh so that explains it .. thanks for asking ... use coins for upgrading apparel but at some point once you have maxed then you get more coins ! 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2021 6:44 AM

ishotinhole:
    My response is most players don't play for the coins because they are useless except to play diamond league 

The Leagues are pointless. what you win for placing is nothing compared to what you won in comparison.

I wouldn't know why anyone even looks at them anymore.

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2021 9:42 AM

coins Utterly utterly pointless, yes you win them but they can only be used to enter more pointless comps, life is way too short😂

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2021 3:36 PM

Imagine buying coins..

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 6:26 AM

pdb1:

ishotinhole:
    When will wgt ever get it

What is it you think they missed ?

ishotinhole:

Mythanatos:

The Leagues are pointless. what you win for placing is nothing compared to what you won in comparison.

I wouldn't know why anyone even looks at them anymore.

I am sure you know many long time players that play Alt Shot almost exclusively . And it is the same reason " WHY " as the coins , or Match Play .

All of those formats are inconsequential toward any gain that WGT has to offer .

So there must be lots of other non monetary and non material benefits . Like enjoying the format . And the players one meets . Long term valuable experience . Social enjoyment . A genuine gigantic temporary relief , to be playing and not thinking about what is going on around you IRL , for a few minutes .

To name just a few .

When you think about it . Coins do have several actual returns . More so than Alt Shot or Match Play .

But no one questions the faithful Alt Shot players .

you're misunderstanding my post. 99% of what i play is coin games. Not for the coins but for the competition.

Im saying the coin leagues are pointless. because just to use DIamond 1 as an example I might need 50 million in wins just to get into 10th place. for 100k coins of winnings. it's stupidly small. Tokyo alone is a 250k bet for one hole.

So to backtrack the leagues are pointless because what you win is a pittance compared to what you've already played for. and that's true for every coin league. 

• PAGES
RSS