Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 11:31 PM

Robbo81303:

Gee, I withdraw from coin games fairly often, but it's usually because I've received an invite from a friend to play a ranked multiplayer round.

Coin games are really just a sad joke, not much more to me than a way to pass the time when I can't find a multiplayer ranked round. Coin games are by far the most overtly manipulated format on WGT, especially when there's a large disparity in the opponents' tiers, and, as a result, sandbagging runs rampant. If the morons-in-charge think so little of the format and the folks who play it to allow (and encourage) this to happen, it seems silly to expect the players to show anything other than a similar level of respect for it, either.

Just saying...

You have to remember , mobile players dont have the same options as the PC players for multi player and alt shots , our choices are play alone in ranked rounds or practice , play friends or play coin rooms . There are a lot of mobile players who would gladly give up coin rooms in favour of multi and alt shots. 

• GWPAPA
    451 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 5:01 AM

I like to think that they are down by one and their 30 minute clock is about to run out and would to start one more game for a new chances to win.

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2021 8:39 AM

This is by far the best description of the coin rooms I have ever read. I agree 1000 percent. Coin rooms are a complete joke.

As far as mobile. I started on mobile. Still would play it but I switched to PC about 5 months ago just for these reasons. 

WGT does not seem to care about mobile at all. My old club was mostly mobile guys and they were always emailing and asking WGT for answers and never got anywhere. 

The PC gave me new life in WGT. I probably would have stopped playing. Maybe this is what WGT wants, for everyone to just play PC. Who knows.

• mik11235
    55 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2021 5:55 PM

Exactly. You have to play so fast to get a good few games in but are stopped by slow players. I don't why the bleep they take so bleeping long. The distance isn't going to change or the hole get bigger. Worst is off the tee. Small tail wind and wide open fairway but they still take 40 bleeping seconds. Should have 60 seconds to complete the whole damn hole.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 11:09 AM

mik11235:

Exactly. You have to play so fast to get a good few games in but are stopped by slow players. I don't why the bleep they take so bleeping long. The distance isn't going to change or the hole get bigger. Worst is off the tee. Small tail wind and wide open fairway but they still take 40 bleeping seconds. Should have 60 seconds to complete the whole damn hole.

agreed..

should also pair up like or more similar players.  Not sure how WGT/TopGolf thinks that pairing up a Tour Champ with Master on Olympic is anything but a guaranteed loss for Master.

• CaptRon48
    180 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:40 AM

Shockingly enough many of us players are not here to see how many games we can play or how fast. Whining about someone who takes the full 45 seconds or maybe even on occaision gets a warning seems senseless. Many here to relax. If you don't have that much time well don't know what to say. 

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 4:50 AM

My point exactly 

Bubsy04:

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

My point exactly . We all need motivation and if you're playing rubbish or have made a bad shot or had a bad bounce or your opponent is just on a roll then why prolong the agony ? There are plenty on fresh games to be had where you start off level again . Feel free to quit on me any time you like . Playing a 3 hole game out when you're 2 down is just pointless. A gg or w pl and a swift exit should be agreeable to all concerned.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 6:15 AM

Think some are overlooking the fact that if playing apparel , and you lose the match you do still receive a bronze box, even though it is small it is something , so forfeiting on the green makes no sense. I know if I play Chelsea and lose I still often get 400 coins which almost pays for my stake. I appreciate this is small fry to many but for new to coin room players they may not appreciate this point.

RSS