Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bracket Tie Breakers

Sat, Jul 18 2020 8:27 AM (6 replies)
  • TimHorton
    10 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 8:42 AM

Sorry if this has been posted.......I looked but could not find an answer.......how are ties broken in Bracket play ?     I have lost 8-9 ties in a row.   Thanks. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 9:29 AM

It's a scorecard playoff. Have a look at the FAQs =>

It won't help you though, as you get no information on your opponent's scorecard (and you need your own...)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 9:59 AM

I’ve asked this before at my former club. It seems whoever put up a score first will win the tiebreak.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 1:17 PM

alosso is right, it's all explained in FAQ ---->>

Or, even easier, here is a screenshot...

• TimHorton
    10 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:49 AM

Thanks for the help.  Since posting this question I have lost 2 more tie breakers so now have lost 10 in  row........mathematically improbable. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 3:11 PM

TimHorton:

Thanks for the help.  Since posting this question I have lost 2 more tie breakers so now have lost 10 in  row........mathematically improbable. 

You need to do well in the latter holes of a game to win.

I think it is a silly way to do tie-breaks in stroke play, but you have to have something in brackets.

• LennySkynyrd
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2020 8:27 AM

Agree Doc. It is silly. I too have fallen into the same type of results as to what you stated. Having a determination where the latter holes have greater statistical value otherwise lessens the significance of earlier holes (i.e., 1 thru 12...or whatever equation is being applied). And, in real golf, we all know that has no weight whatsoever. For those of us who do play real golf for cheddar, logic dictates that lower handicap golfers (amateurs, of course) otherwise do what in money games? That's right...they are made to give strokes. So, for example, if a level 95 Legend (w/ a 62 avg) ties a level 107 TL (w/ a 55 avg) in any format without a playoff (other than skins), this would suggest (most of the time) that he or she played better than the higher leveled player did. I think that's hard to argue (notwithstanding, of course, a level 99 Tour Master who is still playing from the ladies tees with the games best equipment). How the heck do you address that? I'm not suggesting that wgt starts assigning strokes. But if someone has played 1,500 rds more than their competitor, and they tie, who should get the win (again, absent a playoff)? Higher leveled players don't have to like this logic. But it does make this entire scoring debacle a simple and fairer way. If you are statistically better (scoring avg and level), then prove it. If you tie, than you lose. For wgt...in terms of competition, this will keep your lower leveled players more interested (and willing to spend) and your higher levels more focused. All food for thought....

RSS