Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Some of you aren't going to like this

Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:54 PM (30 replies)
  • Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 12:51 PM

BogeyOne:

First of all the PCEA game is fun to play and even at the very early stages of preparation as a replacement for the flash game is coming along just fine. All the bells and whistles of the flash game are not even nearly in place now, but I am certain that WGT is burning the midnight oil to get it ready.  There is plenty of time.  People are being told that but some just insist in berating the efforts and making false claims and assumptions. 

The graphics and the physics are mostly acceptable already. It is going to take some effort and time to adapt to it, should you even have an open enough mind to make the effort, but all the whining and complaining and threatening to leave and not come back is not going to change things. Nothing you can say or do will have any effect on the plan in place. An old saying goes like this: One can either let fate lead you by the hand or drag you by the heals.

It would seem that one reason it is being so vehemently rejected by flash die-harders is their realization that they will have to face being a small fish in a big pond for quite a while before they can even be nearly as in command and control as they are used to being now.  Indeed, they may never assume the lofty position they hold here. What a pity.

In conclusion, the PCEA (mobile) game is fun to play even at the stage it is at now. People that stick with it and start to figure things out are not going to be leaving in droves. It is not the beginning of the end for WGT.  This is borne out by the fact that the mobile game has been around for a good length of time now and has lots and lots and lots of dedicated players.  Right before I posted this, I just monitored the mobile site and found 2486 people presently active in the coin rooms alone and this excludes all those that are playing solo games or games against friends, and etc.

I know this is not going to fit in with the doomsday view of many, but that is too bad. Those that choose to make the transition will be rewarded at the conclusion of the PCEA development with a highly satisfactory rewarding golf experience plus the companionship of lots of their friends from the flash game.

• hilbilycharley
    14 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2020 12:16 PM

BogeyOne, i am wondering how to find an download new version, i have laptop with chrome..hope it works on my set up? thank you for helpin me...

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2020 12:31 PM

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,296 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 10:03 AM

I agree 100 percent with you, but what burns my ass is when I ask them some simple questions they don't even respond, but as far as the game it self , it took me a few weeks to get used to it, but then I did, and let me tell you this I never shot 18 under or 2 games of 27, on the old game, and on the new Version I have this week alone, the meter is easier to read and make adjustments to the wind,   But still that does not give wgt the right to ignore some of us that spend a couple of grand a year on a video game,   and yes I love it.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 11:02 AM

I cannot play anything without a mouse .

• Richdaman
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:11 AM

I for one am an original Flash player, playing every game on computer to reach the Legend tier.  I now exclusively play on the mobile app, mostly because of the abilities that apparel provides.

However, I downloaded the app for computer and that was one big mistake.

Oh, I got logged in and could play comparatively as I would on mobile, but after a about 10 minutes of play, my laptop computer made an audible BANG and went dark.  I tried to restart immediately after to no avail.  I even removed the battery and reinstalled it - nothing  Computer was dead.  Then after about twenty minutes the lights indicating charge in progress came back on.  I restarted and tried playing the computer app again and the same thing happened.

Fearful that the app would permanently damage my machine, I uninstalled it.  I don't know if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing.  I considered reporting to the WGT staff, but felt it might be dismissed as some tin-hat theory on my part, and I was only trying to stir things up.

Well, it isn't and I'm not.  It really happened twice and not since I stopped playing the computer app.  I have no plans to install the app again.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:24 AM

Rich .

When you tried this did you have 2 fingers in the electrical socket .

This could be your problem .

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 8:50 PM

Richdaman:

I considered reporting to the WGT staff, but felt it might be dismissed as some tin-hat theory on my part, and I was only trying to stir things up.

It is impossible for a game to physically damage your hardware. That's like saying the song you listen to on your car stereo is the reason why the engine won't start. The problem is with your laptop. 

• Richdaman
    12 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 12:43 PM

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE THEN DON'T.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:11 PM

Richdaman:

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE THEN DON'T.

Just curious. Can you point out the useful information you contributed to the thread? 

In any case, here's some useful information: correlation does not prove causation. I think you need to re-spin the causal arrow there and consider other variables that were most likely at play in your situation. 

And here's the reason: you need to consider that it wasn't the WGT app causing the problem so you can be sure your computer is running fine. 

RSS