Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Dont believe the community spotlight. Its a lie

Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:03 PM (5 replies)
  • swb630
    13 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:42 AM

once again GRS1 is posted in the community spotlight as a master 57.34 average and if you look at his stats he is a pro at best .Someone please explain.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:44 PM

WGT explained before that players for the spotlight are selected automatically by software. So it's not a "lie", but a software bug, in relation to GRS1, because his average score is miscalculated.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:54 PM

Faterson's right, it is a bug basically, and here's what skewed the average initially.  About a month ago that player had a 2 recorded as a score, check it out....

I was the one to report this initially (I think), so that's the only reason I have the pic.

A 2 will skew your average a good bit.  It'll also immediately promote you to the master tier.  Obviously the 2 was stricken from the record, but neither the average or the tier was re-adjusted.  There's been no apparent activity since the 2, so I'd imagine this player was either banned or simply asked to create another account because it may not be possible to reset the tier manually.

*edit* Oops, there has been activity since the 2, so he's still around and stuck in the master tier.

That's my guess anyway. 

Dhani shouldn't be on community spotlight either, but I can't remember if he still shows up or not.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:57 PM

How did he get a 2? In any case, I don't really follow the community spotlight because someone can shoot a lucky round (examples: hacks/amateurs) and get there just because of faulty software.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:01 PM

He's still around and playing niv, just doing only match play to protect that sweet average he 'earned' :)

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:03 PM

yes dhani still shows up :/

RSS