Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 3:25 AM

BigDinIC:

I'm a fairly new player and what most would call a casual player.  I watch credit videos to upgrade my clubs, but that's about it, I'm more than OK just using the free starter balls but that being said, I don't participate in any competitive tourneys with buy-ins over 25 credits and when I do spend credits for playing, those I confine to my country club's offerings.

I'll probably be happy to exist and continue playing WGT without the use of premium golf balls.  I routinely beat higher tiered players playing with better clubs and better balls in HTH coin games and quite honestly, I don't give a rip if they do manage to beat me anyway.  I just enjoy the game for what it is, a handheld mobile game that's a decent golf simulation that I enjoy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I can't imagine there will come a time when it will become that important to me to stroke my ego and try to get a leg up on other players because I can afford the top line of everything that WGT offers.  

And your points is? oh wait wait wait! let me guess, you don’t give a crap, coz you’re  better that everyone else..good for you, and we know you don’t need to stroke your ego, we already see how big it gotten..lol

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 3:31 AM

BigDinIC:
      I routinely beat higher tiered players playing with better clubs and better balls

dam, I’m gonna give you a wide berth, wouldn’t want a drubbing!

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 3:53 AM

SlickHunter:

BigDinIC:

I'm a fairly new player and what most would call a casual player.  I watch credit videos to upgrade my clubs, but that's about it, I'm more than OK just using the free starter balls but that being said, I don't participate in any competitive tourneys with buy-ins over 25 credits and when I do spend credits for playing, those I confine to my country club's offerings.

I'll probably be happy to exist and continue playing WGT without the use of premium golf balls.  I routinely beat higher tiered players playing with better clubs and better balls in HTH coin games and quite honestly, I don't give a rip if they do manage to beat me anyway.  I just enjoy the game for what it is, a handheld mobile game that's a decent golf simulation that I enjoy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I can't imagine there will come a time when it will become that important to me to stroke my ego and try to get a leg up on other players because I can afford the top line of everything that WGT offers.  

And your points is? oh wait wait wait! let me guess, you don’t give a crap, coz you’re  better that everyone else..good for you, and we know you don’t need to stroke your ego, we already see how big it gotten..lol

Sounds like someone we all know. HK. He is the best that ever played this game. Good luck taking his title from him.

• seifvai
    12 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 11:03 AM

The reality is that the ads were not fairly distributed among players: i live outside the usa, for many years i couldn't get more than 10 videos per day, videos are the only way for us to get free credits as were not qualified for the surveys. 

All i want is to complete my club set. I needed 1k to reach my goal but now it seems like eternity going through the app and waiting for the next video round. Im about to quit, it did ruined my experience with the game, feels like ive spent way too much effort on this. 

Fiy i would have invested actual money but i sinply can't pay through my credit card until next year( we have a 1k dollar limitation per year !!!!)... 

• seifvai
    12 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 2:56 PM

Just checked ... i think its 150 credit per day.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 6:40 PM

seifvai:

Just checked ... i think its 150 credit per day.

yes Seifvai it is 150 credits per day and it currently resets each day at 7pm GMT (adjust for your time zone)

• imthecanman
    11 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:58 PM

I'm getting like 4 videos before being locked out. Having a lock on credits is a good idea Imo and if you're allocated 150 per day that's still a potential of 55k credits for the year. However this is ridiculous at this rate I should be able to afford an upgrade on a single club in 2022. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 9:18 AM

📌 WGT’s Daily 150 Credit Limit : 101

◾ The daily limit for watching videos for credits is currently 150 credits per day. (Current as of Jan 1, 2020)
    ◾ This daily limit resets each day at 7pm GMT. So that would be at 11am PST / 2pm EST (This may change during Daylight Savings time)
    ◾ Below is a picture of the two different error screens you can see when attempting to watch a video
    IMAGE #1 - You will see this one when you have NOT reached your daily limit. If this happens you can try two things;
    ◾ Start by simply closing and reopening the app. Most of the time that will work but if it does not or if you are only seeing 2-3 videos before it stops go to next solution
    ◾ You will have to reset the “Advertising Identifier” (Ad ID) on your phone or device. If you Google “how to reset ad ID on [name of device]” you will find instructions for your specific device.
    For Apple products it is found in Settings —> Privacy —> Advertising —> Reset Advertising Identifier.
    IMAGE #2 - You will see this once you have reached your daily limit. At this point you cannot see any more videos until the next reset. You will need to wait until it resets again at 7pm GMT.

✅ The above info is based on my personal experience using an Apple iPhone so it may not apply 100% on other devices.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 12:32 PM

Crystal clear.  Thank you, MarchieB!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 12:57 PM

How precise! Well explained, Marchie!

RSS