Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtually 0 score history and stats, but ranking up tiers ???

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 26 2021 10:14 AM (6 replies)
  • AussieNutcase
    128 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 4:20 PM

When is WGT going to change the way you rank up tier levels. WGT ranked games and other ranked games ,should be the only way to go up tier levels. No wonder we see so many double profilers and also newer players going up tier levels easily. If WGT changed this not only would it be fair across the board but you would also weed out the DP's cause they know with standard gear you wouldnt play as well or rank up that quick playing the harder ranking games. I look at suspect double profiles and see so many going up with 1 or 2 ranked games under their belt this is BS. Golf dont work that way and either should this great game go along with this pathetic view on how rankings are calculated. Someones score history and stats ,should reflect their true rankings.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 11:59 PM

So many mobile players play only H2H games - not ranked rounds - that WGT tiers them up based on levels.  They don't publish this, nor the levels corresponding to tiers, but it has been pretty well established that it happens.

Doubt it will change, but we never know.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:15 AM

Not really sure why this matters?  
    The only person really hurt by getting tiered up when they shouldn’t be, or maybe more accurately when they aren’t ready skill wise, is the person being tiered up!  

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 6:29 AM
    if mobile players dont tier up because they dont play ranked rounds this would be unfair .....they are improving their skills playing head to heads.....they are lowering their mistakes with practice so wgt are right to tier them up......nobody likes sandbaggers.....i have been playing the new version 2 weeks now as a pc player and have seen alot of lvl 100 tour masters that have made me work to beat them......in reality they are legends or tour legends......
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 8:29 AM

AussieNutcase:
    When is WGT going to change the way you rank up tier levels. WGT ranked games and other ranked games ,should be the only way to go up tier levels.

why do you care? 

because really there is no  reason to tier up. I made it a point for years to rarely play a red tee tourney. Concentrated on custom courses and Ready gos and other WGT tourneys.  and alt shot games. The hardest conditions. with the express reason of staying a legend as long as possible to maximize my coin return. 

I shake my head at the people that rush it and play thousands of red tee tourneys. They get to Champ and now Tour Champ and don't really have the game for it.

They recently bumped me from TL to Champ with only 69 RRs played during that time. Are they correct from a skill level? probably. I was happy where i was though.

Look tons of people have the title that took the path of least resistance. So if you're butthurt that your ego is somehow bruised if others get it too then don't be. 

Tier doesn't necessarily reflect skill. 

• CrazyJoeBonano1
    115 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 8:52 PM

I'm in favor it tiering up people who dominate at h2h games.....skill is skill and that should equate to tiers.  No one should have a huge advantage over someone else of equal skill because they only play h2h.....it should be handicapped FAIRLY so that people who play ranked rounds AND h2h aren't penalized.

How would it be if you tiered up based only on h2h winnings and people who played ranked rounds NEVER tiered up in h2h?

That would actually be fair because it would be based only on your results as an h2h player.....I'd go for that.  Or a handicapping system that made people of equal winnings equal tiered...

• Hellbent60
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2021 10:14 AM

A lot of people confuse someone 'a lvl with their tier. Your lvl goes up according to how many experience points you earn  and is not a good relation to skill level because you can buy experience boosters.  However the tier you are at is determined by your average score so it is a better example of someone's skill level. 

RSS