Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Titleist Pro V1x Balls (Slow Meter) (L101+)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:22 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2019 3:12 AM

Nicole161106:
    I'm deducting approx. 42 putts, (which i believe don't count for ball usage) for his 3 stroke play games,, hence 63.

True (except for putting mulligans and putting from off the green).

63 is extraordinarily low, 90 to 120 being the (traditional) range of a ball's stroke life.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2019 6:06 AM

Thank you for the great reply's and Information Fellow WGT'ers, much appreciated.

I ran another test on this starting Yesterday, my original figures may have been a tad off but I am for sure not getting the usage of 120 out of these, it appears that they are coming in a little shy of that with the putts per round added in.

I started off with a brand new ball,  Stroke Play round with my buddy TdotDoba and scored a 30 on Royal St. George, then a Club CTTH which equals 9 hits, then I played a Club League game scoring a 33, and finally another Club League game scoring a 32.

9+30+33+32=104 including putts taken

With that same ball, the hit gauge at the bottom right hand corner of the screen is showing just a tiny hash of red left.

This is a wonderful ball with meter, spin and distance, but a little too pricey to keep buying, think I'll return to my Callaway ERC's and keep punching away, lol

Thanks again everyone,

Topper

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2019 5:05 AM

RANGER1988:

Thank you for the great reply's and Information Fellow WGT'ers, much appreciated.

I ran another test on this starting Yesterday, my original figures may have been a tad off but I am for sure not getting the usage of 120 out of these, it appears that they are coming in a little shy of that with the putts per round added in.

I started off with a brand new ball,  Stroke Play round with my buddy TdotDoba and scored a 30 on Royal St. George, then a Club CTTH which equals 9 hits, then I played a Club League game scoring a 33, and finally another Club League game scoring a 32.

9+30+33+32=104 including putts taken

With that same ball, the hit gauge at the bottom right hand corner of the screen is showing just a tiny hash of red left.

This is a wonderful ball with meter, spin and distance, but a little too pricey to keep buying, think I'll return to my Callaway ERC's and keep punching away, lol

Thanks again everyone,

Topper

I ran a trial today as i knew you were getting nowhere near the ball hits you should, here are my results, which bear out the 120 hits per ball you should be getting.

I played the 9 hole unlimited at oakmont, starting with a new ball, level 33 cally, 2.5 durability, same as yours.

Result- 6 full 9 hole rounds, with 108 hits, plus 10 on the 7th round, then ball was replaced =118 hits.

As stated before, you shouldn't be including the putts. (except fringe)

So, in summary you are getting around half what you should and should maybe consider contacting WGT about it.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:22 AM

Does the rough and bunkers take a little more outa the ball

• PAGES
RSS