Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fall showdown

Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:23 AM (39 replies)
  • SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:45 AM

thanks, I did. much appreciated. email response from CS also.

well handled with a quickness

I posted within a few minutes of the results. it was so anticlimactic I had a laugh and couldn't help but spell it out on here..

• TomMtl
    131 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 8:02 PM
    The rainy day showdown tiebreaker rules# 1 makes no sense to me “ Number of showdown holes completed” Are we not all playing the same number of holes!!! Rule #2 says “Score of final showdown game” Reason why I ask is I tied at –14 with six others. I was placed last of the six tied which caused me to miss the cut but if rule 1 & 2 is to be applied, I shot -4 the last 3 holes ( I assume that is what is meant by a “showdown game”) I should of been placed at or near the top of the tied players. I highly doubt all sex ties players shot –4 the last three holes. Hope my question makes sense. I understand the showdown had several glitches and I believe the tiebreaker was one of them. 
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 10:25 AM

TomMtl:

... all sex ties players ...

Is this some new Millennial fetish that I haven't known yet?

But yes, I feel ya. The tiebreakers make absolutely no sense. As a matter of fact, the tiebreaker of last 4 holes scores don't make sense either. I strongly think the first tiebreaker should be birdies/pars ratio.

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 10:43 AM

TomMtl:

The rainy day showdown tiebreaker rules# 1 makes no sense to me “ Number of showdown holes completed” Are we not all playing the same number of holes!!! Rule #2 says “Score of final showdown game” Reason why I ask is I tied at –14 with six others. I was placed last of the six tied which caused me to miss the cut but if rule 1 & 2 is to be applied, I shot -4 the last 3 holes ( I assume that is what is meant by a “showdown game”) I should of been placed at or near the top of the tied players. I highly doubt all sex ties players shot –4 the last three holes. Hope my question makes sense. I understand the showdown had several glitches and I believe the tiebreaker was one of them. 

I think the tiebreakers only come into play for the placing in the final round. I think for the cuts, the first person to post a particular score is given the "top" position at that score. Then each time that score is matched, the next player is slotted in.

Might sound harsh, but gotta post a better score or get the holes in earlier. 

• misterwyatt
    37 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 12:52 PM

Well I sure fucked myself on the 17th hole of the tourney yesterday....it was the Erin Hills Par 5 with the super sloped green

https://i.imgur.com/VBMbVgn.jpg

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:40 PM

misterwyatt:

Well I sure fucked myself

Forrest Gump said it best...chit happens

• TomMtl
    131 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 2:14 PM

DarthMo0:

I think the tiebreakers only come into play for the placing in the final round. I think for the cuts, the first person to post a particular score is given the "top" position at that score. Then each time that score is matched, the next player is slotted in.

Might sound harsh, but gotta post a better score or get the holes in earlier. 

Appreciate your feedback, but I was the second out of the 6 of us to have posted a score.  This was a fun format and do understand there are glitches and errors with introducing new tournaments.
  • GaborB
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2021 9:56 AM

Definitely not by timing. County Fair show down final three players on -13 respectively 2nd, 3rd and 4th positions. Legend player posted the score first, shortly after, tour master (me) posted the score second, and tour legend guy posted the score 10 hours later. As of now: tour legend is top: over all 2nd, legend in the middle: overall 3rd, and me on 4th. So what is the rule on equal scores? 

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2021 5:55 PM

Dude,tap on rules,then tap on tiebreaker. Full explaination.

• CaptRon48
    179 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:23 AM

The Division names seem to be misleading everyone. Rookie veteran etc. I was TM at time and L now but  A. Im not that good and B. I cant afford a lot of credits to enter so I went with Rookie class and will again. And lets face it with them allowing typical coin room accoutrements playing field is fairly level same as any coin game.

RSS