Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Jan31947
    100 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 6:15 AM

Champion:  Please send this on to the appropriate technical support department, as I am unable to locate the "improvement to NEW DESKTOP concerns". 

As an owner, it is imperative that we have the capability to set Tier Limitations for in-house activities and Tournaments. Secondly, the Scorecard does not go back to the front side (9) score at the end of a round, if a picture or (snip) is to be taken of the score, we can't do that any longer.

Lastly the start/end 24 hour clock seems to be unavailable.  As players debate which activity to play in a limited period of time, they need to know if they have enough time to complete and activity or "tournament" before they start it.  This is also helpful if multiple Directors set new activities for the Club.  When does something expire, so there is room to add another activity.

Thank you Champion for passing this along to those building the NEW Versions.  Jan31947

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 7:50 AM

Jan31947:
    Secondly, the Scorecard does not go back to the front side (9) score at the end of a round, if a picture or (snip) is to be taken of the score, we can't do that any longer.

Try scrolling the card left or right. It works that way in mobile

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 11:33 AM

KenBTEXAS:
    MY question is about UEL. Is it possible in EA??

This is what WGT said about 6 weeks ago:

WGTChampion:

Will Uneven Lies come to the new WGT?

Yes, however we’re not sure exactly when yet. Unfortunately, we don’t expect to have Uneven Lies added to WGT on PC before the end of the year.  

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:20 PM

Figured I'd try this again.  Downloaded the latest version... and what utter crap it is!  Surely this is a joke?  You can't really believe anyone who played the flash version for years will want to play this garbage?

I entered some game, which had a coinage entry fee, but it didn't say it would take some credits too!  So not only is the game crap, they steal credits from you!

I guess I have a month left and that will be the end for me.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2020 11:05 PM

MioKontic:
    Downloaded the latest version... and what utter crap it is!  Surely this is a joke?  You can't really believe anyone who played the flash version for years will want to play this garbage?

Ignoring all the coin game nonsense, would you care to further explain exactly what you find so different/laughable/disappointing about the actual gameplay in the new version?

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 2:40 AM

How do you speed up the meter .

Too slow for me .

I play starter balls and need fast meter .

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 5:56 AM

Removed screenshot, incorrect info.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 6:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with the NV it is the same game with better graphics and once I tried it almost 5 months ago I never went back to Flash.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 7:52 AM

Tigerpaw509:

There is nothing wrong with the NV it is the same game with better graphics and once I tried it almost 5 months ago I never went back to Flash.

Do you realize that what you are saying is far from truth?

WGT is not a graphic (CGI) based game (apart the avatars and the meter). It's a picture based game. Now, since they are using exactly the same original pics, with the exact same resolution, how on earth the NV has better graphics? Cause they add a bit of brightness/contrast, cause they change a bit gamma correction, cause they sharpen a bit the image? The resolution of the original pics remains always the same...

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 8:19 AM

Yiannis1970:

Tigerpaw509:

Do you realize that what you are saying is far from truth?

WGT is not a graphic (CGI) based game (apart the avatars and the meter). It's a picture based game. Now, since they are using exactly the same original pics, with the exact same resolution, how on earth the NV has better graphics? Cause they add a bit of brightness/contrast, cause they change a bit gamma correction, cause they sharpen a bit the image? The resolution of the original pics remains always the same...

Right? In fact the NV uses the same 'core', it's the same game with a few alterations to certain assets - avatars etc. Things that weren't usable within Unity. The game is actually still a browser based game, it's still using browser_push which is why all the aides people use still work in the NV. You can see the browser framework load when you start if you watch.

The various resolutions and visual focus changes are making it seem like it's a different game, it's not. It's the same game. Even the old glitches are still present - the fringe kick across the green, balls rocketing off pins and out of cups with exaggerated effect. Those still happen. If it was an entirely new development, those things wouldn't happen, well you'd hope anyway.

The original game wasn't a Flash based/built game, it wasn't a vector based game. It simply used the Flash container and wrapper systems for web delivery, which is the actual issue with Flash, it's not Flash as a development platform that's the problem.

Same game, with really bad UI/UX... LoL...

RSS