Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 12:18 PM

madmanmax17:
    Anyone who could help, REALLY help with ideas on the three things I mentioned above, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Okay, I'll try to help.

madmanmax17:
    First and foremost is the lack of ability to play a simple, single stroke play match.  ALL options, other than tournaments, are listed as multiplayer.  ???

To play a single-player stroke play game, click the GAME MODES button on the main screen, then select SINGLE PLAYER at the top, then click the Stroke Play and CTTH button on the left.

madmanmax17:
    But now to even get into the game, I have to log in via some sort of "room", basically with green fees JUST to get in.

If you click the green PLAY NOW button, it takes you to the list of coin rooms where you do have to bet coins (not credits) in order to play.  IMHO that button is mislabeled.  It should simply say COIN ROOMS.  

If you just want to play the "free" games that you're used to on Flash (not the coin games), click the GAME MODES button.

madmanmax17:
    The pop up window for the game is a larger resolution than my monitor! 

See ScottHope's post above for a solution to this.  Once you're able to see the full game window, you can click on the "gear" icon at the bottom right (next to the Exit button) to bring up your Settings and change your Resolution and Display Mode to something that works best for you.

Hope this helps.

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 2:08 PM

ct690911:
    winter, they are always long here

Bring it on . Love the snow. Cha Ching.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 6:11 AM

Two quick comments re country clubs and PCEA. 1. Please show cc messages on the cc home page. Currently they are buried in the multiplayer chat section. 2. When finishing a cc tournament please provide a link to the leaderboard. Currently it kicks you all the way out to the main screen. Thanks

• cutchie1
    32 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 1:09 PM

I have been playing this game for a number of years now and enjoyed every minute of it. I also have the mobile version as well, which by the way is awful and it looks to me that the PC version is no better. both are so unpredictable that it is a waste of time trying to solve the game.

I know it is a work in progress and it will take some time to fix a lot of the problems. I am sorry to say that I never ever liked the mobile version as I said it was and is too erratic, so basically I use it for collecting credits.

It's sad to say that come the end of December when the new version rolls around, it could be the end of my time with WGT as it just wont be as much fun anymore.

Regards Cutchie1

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 1:25 PM

cutchie1:
    I also have the mobile version as well, which by the way is awful and it looks to me that the PC version is no better. both are so unpredictable that it is a waste of time trying to solve the game.

I haven't read about someone finding the EA version unpredictable before, at least not any more so than flash. Could you explain a little more about what you have experienced?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:33 PM

Wutpa:

cutchie1:
    I also have the mobile version as well, which by the way is awful and it looks to me that the PC version is no better. both are so unpredictable that it is a waste of time trying to solve the game.

I haven't read about someone finding the EA version unpredictable before, at least not any more so than flash. Could you explain a little more about what you have experienced?

I haven't read about anything like that either. And checking his stats be must have been having the same issues with flash before. I mean his greens in regulation is less that 70% @ 69.84% and average distance to the pin @ 17 feet, 

I feel mine on those 2 are poor but they both are much better than his. I don't blame either game for being unpredictable, It is just me not always taking the correct shot and also many badly miss dings

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 5:37 AM

GottaBeJoking:

Just started with early access & although it will take a while to get used to there are a couple of things I would like to see updated. 

1. I putt in reverse view generally but in both views the pointer from the distance & elevation to the ball gets in the way of seeing the dots and reading the line, when holding the pointer in order to move it. The Flash version doesn't have this problem, and this version needs to updated to allow you to read the line properly.

Cheers

I just came on here to say the same thing. It's especially bad if you have a short putt with a lot of break; the box just gets in the way.

All it needs is to maybe move the box to one side but still attached to the putt aim with a pointer/line or something.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:11 AM

• Robert1000rr
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2020 6:57 PM

I will say goodbye to WGT once flash is done. I do not like anything about this new version on Windows. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2020 7:31 PM

Robert1000rr:

I will say goodbye to WGT once flash is done. I do not like anything about this new version on Windows. 

You say goodbye and I say hello
    Hello, hello
    I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

RSS