Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 3:06 PM

mrmp1:
    cs is telling me I should  check the system requirements for the early access as its different than flash but where would I find that LOL once again am I the only one with this problem I dont know if it could be my windows 8.1 is the culprit

Look at system requirements here

This is all I see mentioned under the desktop game.

Desktop Game:

The desktop app may work on earlier versions of Windows and macOS than mentioned above, but we don't officially support operating systems that Microsoft and Apple no longer support.
    Desktop Browsers:
    Firefox 60 and higher
    Chrome 68 and higher
    Opera 55 and higher
    Vivaldi 2.0 and higher
    Microsoft Edge (new) 79 and higher
    Microsoft Edge (old) 42 and higher
    Internet Explorer 11 until end of 2020
    Safari 11 and higher
    NOT Maxthon

I don't see anything likely to make a difference.

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 3:42 PM

mrmp1:
    Scott your help is always appreciated , it all my fault that im not too swift with these computers and im prolly not explaining it correctly cs is telling me I should  check the system requirements for the early access as its different than flash but where would I find that LOL once again am I the only one with this problem I dont know if it could be my windows 8.1 is the culprit im by myself and dont have anyone here to ask questions Mel

Thank you.

I am not convinced that your system is to blame. The game runs because you can hear the music.

What computer do you use. Desktop, laptop, make, model, screen size?

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:35 PM

Yes Scott I do get the wgt music also WGT on top of the blank screen I use a Lenovo desktop as far as my screen size I looked this morning if i remember it said 1600 x 900 like I said I dont play around as this is my only enjoyment being kinda under house arrest the last 6 months I tried to friend you earlier but I wasnt able to in your profile also I use CHROME for years which I am really happy with 

mel

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:39 PM

I use CHROME but keep getting popups asking me to download microsoft edge 8.1 but Im not sure if i should or not I dont want to lose what i have if they dont support it 

Mel

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:41 AM

Okay Mel, thanks for the info.

My (everyones?) profile doesn't show an
    Add as Friend
    button anymore unless you enable flash on the page. I've sent you a friend request though.

Microsoft edge is okay in my opinion. It's based on Chrome and is very similar. You should not have any issues if you want to download and install it.

Now, back to the game. When it is running, can you see your desktop's taskbar?

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 1:39 AM

I'm not computer savvy . Ask scott .

But i have been playing for over a decade .

I sign on using google and now google chrome .

Games starts first time , every time .

No adverts .

I have no idea of other people's problems on here .

I do have a look at the new game set up now and again .

Once more it works without any messing about .

My laptop is 6 years old and not the most expensive buy .

Maybe i have just been lucky .

Happy hitting guys .

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 6:15 AM

Yes I can see task bar

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:06 AM

Does the game window show anything, or is it totally black?

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 9:40 AM

Started off with a greyish screen with a 1/2 x 1/2 inch blue square spinning showing wgt golf on top then went black with wgt golf on top of course with the wgt music playing

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 10:13 AM

Maybe it is your system after all Mel. Perhaps your graphics driver needs updating.

RSS