Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SEL v The Fairway Fanatics

Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:57 AM (50 replies)
  • Foooze
    312 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:11 PM

Forrrrrrr vs Foooze

Great back and forth match with Greg. He was 2 UP after 7 and I managed to get one back on 9 and went AS after 10. I went 1 UP on 12 as his putt rolled straight over the center of the cup. After doing my happy dance, I dropped the tee shot on 13 in the bunker and swatted it all over the place. On 15 and 16 Greg found his putting stroke going back 2 UP and making things look mighty dismal for the Fanatics side. I had most certainly my best tee shot on 17 stopping 13 ft from the cup. Greg had an unlucky bounce that put him in the rough but a masterful 2nd shot landed him 3 ft for a bird opportunity. I happened to squeeze in the eagle to bring it back to 1 DN with my least favorite (I hate it) green left on 18. 

My approach was 20 ft. short of the pin. Greg was within 12. My putt to put a little pressure on lipped out and Greg was just off an inch. We cc'd the par putts. 

A very good match with a great player. Congratulations on the win for SEL.

• Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 2:43 PM

NicoZandberg vs Cynic13 

An epic game to say the least. I missed my bird on the 1st, 1 down. On the 2nd Shane holes his apporach for an eagle - 2 down. Rattled I par the next two holes with terrible putts, to his birds - 4 holes down. 

On the 5th I hole my approach for an eagle - 3 down. I get another back on the 8th with a bird. We halve 9 with bogeys (forgot how tough that hole can be). From there on in he matches me hole for hole, with some superb play. Still 2 down with 3 to play, and seems Im running out of holes, but then on the 16th I hold a 20+ foot putt to go 1 down. We both miss long eagles on 17.

On the last Im up first, and I need a big shot on a very tough approach to the back pin. I get lucky and its pin high, 3 foot from the hole. Shane is unlucky and hits the mount in front of the hole and it runs back. He narrowly misses a 40 odd foot putt, leaving me a very nervy 3.2ft curler which I hold. Extra holes.

On the first extra hole he really makes his first real blunder, coming up way short and 3 putting for a bogey. I hole my par for a 19th hole win for SEL.

Brilliant game, and a very nice guy. 

** Just saw it counts as a draw - happy with that, and a fair outcome.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 3:22 PM

Nico & Shane, Quality fun game fellas, Really well done!

• LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2019 4:45 PM

LLLlloyd88 over KHarmon5

Just had a fun match against Kharmon5. She won the first hole right out of the gate, but I managed to square it at 3. Back and fourth a little until 10, I went 1 up, and was able to hang on for a 3 up victory.

• CharlieH100
    282 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 10:44 AM

Terwyl1  1up  v  CharlieH100

A very close match that went back and forth on a day when we both experienced some of the eccentricities of WGT.

There was never more than a shot in it. I went one up at the first, held it for all of one hole then went I up again only to get pegged back and overtaken at the turn. I took 10 and 11 to go one up again and Terry came back again. His putter finally warmed up as mine stubbornly refused to do so and he got his nose in front after a great birdie at 16. We halved the remaining two holes at par to give Terry the 1 up victory. 

An absorbing and evenly-matched contest and a well deserved win for SEL. Thank you Terry for a game played in good spirit. 

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 2:51 PM

Craig(csbarbarian ) beats spanishfox 6&5 and myself and Pip finished AS,Cheers Pip and what a win for the Welsh m8,i only just seen the result and im surprised you still had 2 eyes working,lol.

Thanks for the game and the organizing m8,appreciate it and a big thanks to all you SEL,ers,still a few games to go and we got closer than last year but a Nice win fellas and well played.

Thanks Folks 

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:31 AM

Cheers Paul and  fitting end to the match I think that draw was. We had our moments, not many but we had them lol. Great fun as usual and that's what it's all about.

Thanks to everyone at The Fairway Fanatics for the game and thank you Paul for your help in getting it together.

Until next time, all the best from everyone at SEL

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:18 AM

Congratulations SEL :) :) :) 

Hope you all had lots of fun n made some nice friendship :) :) 

- Carl 

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 10:50 AM

carlosdev:

Congratulations SEL :) :) :) 

Hope you all had lots of fun n made some nice friendship :) :) 

- Carl 

Much appreciated Carl, Yes indeed it was a great fun time, Meeting new folk and having a blast what is not to love... Cracking stuff from both Pip & Paul for getting this organised fellas.

If you can play with a smile on your face you are doing something right.. 

• CharlieH100
    282 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 12:01 PM

PaulFinn52 beat CharlieH100 

I stood in for Emily who's taking a break, It might have been a "dead rubber", but it was a really, really enjoyable matchplay game that went back and forth for 18 holes, never more than one hole in it. Paul's putter was cold on the front 9 but he kept it to all square at the turn due to great iron play. I don't think there was a bogey on the whole course (not bad for Oakmont and its glassy greens) and I am pleased to have kept up with him to the end. We were all square after 16 and then he got a great birdie at 17 and I couldn't make my putt on 18 to have a chance of a tie. Great game, great play from Paul and a pleasure to play with SEL once again. 

Thank you Pip and Paul and everyone else who made this such a good way of passing some time. 

Charlie 

RSS