Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advertising in Forums

Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:24 AM (1 replies)
  • scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 3:26 AM

This is a copy of an Off-topic reply I made in another forum placed here to have its own home.

My apologies for being so far off-topic; just had to post this so it would be "in context"

GITrDONE:

I'm from Mississippi boy.I don't like being told what I need to do.  I can do what ever in the hell I want to do.

http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7924

In that link is a question mark and the word "partner".  That indicates to me  a blatant violation of the T&O of WGT.

I bet there is some thing in the rules of this site that prohibits individuals from profiting through advertising on this site.  As you are a partner (affiliate) earning comissions from Neverblue, through "FunWebProducts", you are probably aware of the conditions to which you agreed.

Allow a couple of cites:

Now, from your agreement with Neverblue:

From Neverblue affiliate program website:

"4. Compensation

4.1 Neverblue will pay to the Affiliate a commission (the “Commission”), calculated in accordance with the payment terms outlined in each Offer posted by Neverblue on the Program Site.

6.2 The Affiliate covenants and agrees that:

8. it will not post any content relating to the Offer to any Usenet newsgroup, chat room, bulletin board or ‘blog' (save and excepting a chat room, bulletin board or blog which is operated or primarily owned by the Affiliate) without the express written consent of Neverblue;"

Now some from WGT:

"WGT Terms and Conditions

Posting Etiquette

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:Make commercial use of WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT), including distribution of advertising, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and spam."

In my humble opinion you should remove your affiliate link from your signature and posts.

Cheers,

BTW - the word is "drivel"

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:24 AM

I must say I found those smiley ads to be hugely distracting and inappropriate as well. I assumed the ads only appeared because GITrDONE didn't know how to prevent them from appearing. If this is actually intentional, it's ridiculous and should stop right away.

Of course I'm just a rank-and-file forum user so I can't tell GITrDONE or anyone else what to do. And I have found GITrDONE's forum posts to be intelligent and valuable, so it would just be too bad if he marred all that useful content by blatant spam "signatures".

There are lots of free smiley collections around the Web that allow anyone to insert smileys into these WGT forum posts without any advertisement connected to such usage. (Here is one such smileys collection.)

RSS