Forums

Help › Forums

Re: addobe flash

Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:35 PM

Yep.  Cannot make it permanent.  Have to reply to question everytime you first start the game to get flash going

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:17 AM

YankeeJim:
    Ask First is no longer an option in Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).

My bad Jim. Block sites from running Flash (recommended) is where I have the Ask first option.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:02 AM

United Kingdom
    1,646 Posts
    08-17-2019 5:17 AM

I know that this might sound daft......But wgt is a business which runs to make money, so why would they want to lose at least 50% of there revenue. Just me thinking out loud.

Mick

People make many assumptions about WGT. The first assumption is that most of their revenue stream is from people purchasing credits. We have no idea if this is true since "free" credits are available from advertisers and we are not privy to their P & L statements.

Another assumption is that WGT , either computer or mobile version, is growing. We don't have any idea of how many people who are registered actually play. Yet another assumption might be that Topgolf purchased WGT for the extra income that WGT would add to Topgolf's bottom line. Here's the rub with these ideas: Topgolf is investing heavily in opening new venues but nothing really new is being unveiled for WGT.

If we were to think of WGT as part of  an R & D arm of a larger corporation that was a heavy user of technology; we might get a better idea of where WGT might end up. An assumption on my part is that WGT has a place in Topgolf's stable of companies that has little to do with profits and more to do with ideas that can be used by other arms of the company. As WGT players, we are just along for the ride and have no control over where we are going.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:32 PM

• PAGES
RSS