Forums

Help › Forums

Re: PRECISION FORGIVENESS BALANCE METER SPEED

Tue, Dec 20 2022 10:53 PM (42 replies)
  • jvanniekerk85
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 1:09 AM

Morning

I see a lot of players gaming the sabertooth at the moment, specs look great but the balance is at 2.5, compared to the 4.0 of the lvl 77 Spider. and lvl 70 Phantom

But the Sabertooth out scores the Spider/Phantom on forgiveness 4.5 vs 3.5. My putting has always let me down, so looking to change.

Does the difference mentioned above cancel out and both are equally good or am i missing something.

Only been playing the game for like 3 months so trying to learn more.

Thanks

• russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 1:24 PM

jvanniekerk85:

Morning

I see a lot of players gaming the sabertooth at the moment, specs look great but the balance is at 2.5, compared to the 4.0 of the lvl 77 Spider. and lvl 70 Phantom

I've been playing the L59 Saber since I reached L59 and have done well with it.  I'm now L84, have plenty of credits to upgrade to either the L77 Spider or L70 Phantom, but their Precision (-0.2) and Forgiveness (-1.0) are both lower than my Saber although the Balance (+1.5) is better.  Naturally, you would expect to be able buy a better putter to match your improved experience after over 20 XP levels of play, but neither seem much of an upgrade!?

Community.... Am I right in thinking this or will the Phantom and or the Spider improve my game with the improved balance?

Thanks

Russell

• rverdag2
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:13 PM

Russell, have you considered the level 74 putter? It will probably be my choice once I get the credits to buy it. I plan to upgrade first my driver and irons when I get to level 85. The thing that makes me think about it is that I can't find any opinions on this putter and I haven't seen any player using it. On the other hand, I see many people using the level 70 Scotty and there are plenty of great opinions about it. 

• russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 3:49 AM

rverdag2:

Russell, have you considered the level 74 putter? 

Hi mate....

I have, but it had gone missing for a while while it changed model, but seems to have just came back as the Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 10, which is actually +0.3 (4.5) in precision and +1.0 (3.5) in Balance but down -1.5 (3.0) in Forgiveness, so I'm actually wondering if it may just be a more balance and better all round putter!?

Who knows!?!? lol

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 12:11 PM

I have the Sabretooth and it the best putter in the game. its equivalent to this one.

• rverdag2
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 1:28 PM

I have only played with the starter putter so I dont really know how a small change in precision can affect the performance. For example, in wedges, any small increment  regarding precision makes a huge difference. It seems that the price of putters in related to the specific attribute of precision. But again, I dont have any experience with any putter other than the starter putter. Also, I dont know how balance works.

Cheers

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 7:50 AM

DonCaron:

I have the Sabretooth and it the best putter in the game. its equivalent to this one.

I think the Scotty Cameron is a slightly better putter for ding players. At least for me it is easier to hit the ding.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 3:12 PM

borntobesting:

/quote]

I think the Scotty Cameron is a slightly better putter for ding players. At least for me it is easier to hit the ding.

I don't know if I want to spend 6,000 Credits to find out.

I am a ding putter and only off ding when I'm lagging.

• ErikHaUSA
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:04 AM

I play «off ding» all the time and sink putt’s much longer then 6ft. It’s called of ding putting, look it up 😉

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 8:39 AM

RSS