Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:58 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2019 3:04 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2019 4:46 PM

LOL. Nice recover, sort of, Bob. Feel is feel, no charts anywhere in sight. Play the way you feel on the day you're playing. If you know your clubs and shots you don't need spreadsheets. Leave those to the gamers.  :-)

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2019 4:57 PM

All abouts feeling here... use brain when not on strike..:))

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 8:20 AM

Robert1893:
    By the way, I think the meter on the wedge is easy to get used to. For whatever reason, I never felt that it was particularly fast.  

For whatever reason, the meter speed seems to effect me more when I transition to play mobile for a few coin games or in a TW.  

The reason I may observe it more is my other wedges are in the 4.5 meter range versus the 3.5.   I may adapt easier on the PC with a larger screen and more "time" for the meter to sweep back but on a small mobile device that 1.0 difference makes it feel quick compared to my other wedges.  

If all the wedges are the same meter, it would be easier to get the timing down but I didn't want to invest more credits in more wedges when I already have a good set.  

If I do consider the transition, I may consult you for some tips.  : )

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:58 AM

el3n1:

The reason I may observe it more is my other wedges are in the 4.5 meter range versus the 3.5.   I may adapt easier on the PC with a larger screen and more "time" for the meter to sweep back but on a small mobile device that 1.0 difference makes it feel quick compared to my other wedges.  

If all the wedges are the same meter, it would be easier to get the timing down but I didn't want to invest more credits in more wedges when I already have a good set.  

There is that difference, but I found the 64 deg Cleveland so useful (and so much better than the MAX 64 deg wedge I had) - in conjunction with the punch table - that I got it and keep it in my bag anyway with my Mac Daddy 56 deg and 60 deg wedges!  Of course, I play almost exclusively on the PC.

YMMV!

• PAGES
RSS