Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball Effects

Sun, Mar 28 2021 8:10 PM (20 replies)
  • HockeyTown2g
    95 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 12:47 PM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the red circle symbol, darkens when I hover over it with my mouse. I click on it, and nothing happens. I'm also using Titleist ProV1x Super Vapor L89 Ball. Could it be the ball I'm using is not allowing the change to no ball effect?

Thank you,

Gary

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 1:42 PM

Hi Gary,

I don't think the type of ball you use would affect it, but have you tried a different ball?

If it really bugs you, I would re-install the game.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 2:12 PM

HockeyTown2g:
    Could it be the ball I'm using is not allowing the change to no ball effect?

What ball effect are you seeing that you cannot “turn off” ? 
    Are you attempting to turn off the vapor trail of your vapor trail ball? 

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 3:35 PM

Good point Marchie, I missed that.  ; )

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 2:13 AM

I'm gunna hop on this thread and see if I can sort my issue. About 2 or 3 months ago I got an "Inferno" type ball effect that was like a meteor being shot, and landed with fire and smoke. I don't know where they came from, I don't remember ordering them. I loved that thing!!  About 2-3 weeks ago it vanished, or ran out (it lasted a really long time). I can't find any way to reload it, or even find it.

The only effects I see (5 of them) are pretty lame.  What happened to them?

Joel

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 9:53 AM

Knockitoff:

I can't find any way to reload it, or even find it.

What happened to them?

Joel

I have some of these, but I can't find any way purchase more. I thought maybe going through the app while in game would give you an option, but I couldn't do anything other than activate the ones that I have. I also have an effect there that shows as out. I tried to see if I could purchase more of that kind, but once again came up empty.

Go fish

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 10:10 AM

This?..

...the ball is a clicky.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 10:23 AM

Knockitoff - It's the actual BALL that Scott posted above not just a ball effect.

You can find these balls in the Launcher/Mobile Pro Shop by clicking on Sponsored Balls at the top of the BALL screen.

BPeterson8256 - You can purchase additional balls for any ball that you have at least one of in your inventory by going to your Edit Equipment page, click on Ball, chose the ball and there should be a Purchase button on the side.

If its an effect I think you can only buy whatever effects are currently in the Proshop under the Other tab. They are usually seasonal and change from time to time. I'm not sure if you are using the Ball effect and run out if it prompts to allow you to buy more???

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 11:45 AM

Scott, I thought that looked close, but as Marchie said, that is a ball.  I bought a few just to check, and it is just a ball.

What I was looking for was an actual effect.  The little icon in the bottom right ball/effect box looked a bit like the above icon, but it is no longer there. (I'll see if I can get a screenshot/s) Marchie, I never saw a pop-up or notification to buy more.

ATTN: RANT --- How do you find your inventory of effects? It used to be so simple in Flash. Why the hell is the ball/effect box only able to be used or changed during your shot time??? In a short clock game, it's nearly impossible to fiddle around with the effects and spin and still be able to pay attention to making your shot.  Add bad eyesight and you can imagine my frustrations trying to muck through all that. 

Joel / KIO

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 8:10 PM

Here's a screen shot that might help with my issue.

RSS