Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Video credit offers removed?

Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:28 AM (29 replies)
  • MaDch
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 1:53 AM

Used to have to reset every 6-8 Videos. Since update this week only 1, sometimes 2 (!) vids at a time then reset ID!

Absolute pain, no way I can get anywhere close to 100 or 150/day anymore since I do have other things to do, believe it or not ;-)

• Stanley0381
    260 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 4:03 AM

Sorry to be a pain but cannot see how this reset is done on iPad unless missing the obvious. Can you please direct me? 

Thanks

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 8:44 AM

Stanley0381:

Sorry to be a pain but cannot see how this reset is done on iPad unless missing the obvious. Can you please direct me? 

Thanks

I am not familiar with Apple products, but THIS might help.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:16 AM

Go to settings , then privacy , then advertising , then reset advertising identifier. However with ios14 there is not option for resetting identifier , but you should find turning off limit ad tracking will help. Good luck

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:41 AM

Stanley0381:

Thanks

as said just above me they removed reset AD ID in iOS 14.

If you go to Settings>privacy>Tracking>

you will have one toggle to set on or off that says "Allow apps to request to Track"

The work around is to close WGT app and either turn the slider off or on.

I generally start with it on. if it stops ads before the 150 limit. I then close wgt move the toggle . then reboot app.

sometimes it starts back up there. sometimes not. and repeat what i did above , close WGT move toggle  back to wherever it started.

Usually if do that back and forth on to off to on. it will start back up.

IF NOT..

settings>privacy>apple advertising (scroll down to find this one)

there is a slider here for "personalized ads"

do the same thing for this toggle that you did above.

sometimes one will work when the other won't.

i know i know it's a major pain in the ass but it does work most all the time. it rarely will completely freeze you from ads.

• JC00713
    95 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2021 1:49 AM

Good info, and will have to try this.  I play on iPad Pro (2020) and didn’t know about this.  Up until a couple days ago, I was not able to watch ads on my iPad at all.  It was good for coin games, because could get XP credit by clicking “watch video for more XP credit”  followed by “video not available” but still received the XP credits.  I did have to use iPhone (6s) to get credits.  Also, could watch all 150 credits by closing and starting the app only twice.  Hoping that resetting identifier (versus closing and opening program) will allow getting credits in one fell swoop, because now it only allows so many ads, and then wait a few hours for a few more ads, and another couple hours, etc etc until I get the 150 daily credits.  

• Stanley0381
    260 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2021 3:23 AM

Thank you ( and to the other 2 who followed this post). This has helped - very grateful all of you.

cheers

• AcidDwayne
    43 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 1:36 PM

Thank you so much. That has fixed it for me.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2021 10:40 AM

bossbird:

Go to settings , then privacy , then advertising , then reset advertising identifier. However with ios14 there is not option for resetting identifier , but you should find turning off limit ad tracking will help. Good luck

What I found most helpful on IOS 14 is turning off personalized ads. Go to your phone  settings Privacy / Apple Advertising  There is Personalized Ads. It has a toggle on and off, Green on gray off. turn the toggle off. 

Turning it off gives you this message 

"Turning off personalized ads will limit Apple's ability to deliver relevant ads to you, But will not reduce the number of ads you receive,"

So then trying to deliver relevant ads Apple actually reduces the number of ads you can watch, But with it turned off I  can watch as many ads as I wish, 

I know this works on my Iphone 11 Pro Max but can't tell you for sure if it will work on an Ipad. Someone will need to try it and tell others, 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:28 AM

I have had my personalised adds turned off for weeks , sometimes I can see about 30 vids before having to exit , sometimes only 7 , it’s very hit and miss. For me it’s not a real issue I just do them whilst watching TV , as long as I get my 150 credits that’s all that matters . But I see it could be a real issue for those with little time. 

RSS