Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Turf Wars need to be Overhauled !

Sun, Mar 26 2023 7:23 AM (39 replies)
  • SandImpaler
    273 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 5:19 PM

As a club owner I agree Rick, it should change, it becomes very discouraging when a club has no chance of even competing against one of the larger clubs, why should there be such big rooms that many players can even afford to play in?

It isn't a fair playing field at all.

Rick6208:

So the half a dozen or so Clubs like the current Turf War set up ! and the Thousand or so other Clubs well to bad ! 

every sport in the World is looking for parity , just to avoid that kind of thing, the Club Clashes same deal same top 3 clubs so its fine for them

No , its got to change , strong clubs will still be strong but won't be blowing everyone else out of the water unless they really work for it , not just Win in Belagio or Monaco but again thats WGT call

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 7:46 AM

SandImpaler:

As a club owner I agree Rick, it should change, it becomes very discouraging when a club has no chance of even competing against one of the larger clubs, why should there be such big rooms that many players can even afford to play in?

It isn't a fair playing field at all.

it really isn't about the size of the club so much as it is how many people in that club  play Bellagio.

The monaco issue you quoted was fixed well over a year ago.

as far as not being about to afford the coins. that's a consequence of two things. Either not putting the time in to get a coin bank of 40 million or so. or not having the skill to do it.

So the members are either lazy/ don't care or unskilled. 

In 2-3 hours evening anyone with some skill should be able to profit 2-3 million coins per night in Tokyo.

And if you can't. probably shouldn't play in Bellagio anyway.

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 6:25 AM

So, have the bugs been worked out with "Turf Wars".  It seems that if you don't play against an opposing club member you earn no points.  Am I all wrong about this??  Most times you end up playing someone that is not a member of the opposing club and earn no Turf War points.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 9:09 AM

BingoBen:

So, have the bugs been worked out with "Turf Wars".  It seems that if you don't play against an opposing club member you earn no points.  Am I all wrong about this??  Most times you end up playing someone that is not a member of the opposing club and earn no Turf War points.  

Sorry , you have that all wrong ! Turf wars are club against club , but all the matches are in the coin rooms and it makes no difference who you are matched against , you just need to win the match and the value of the winning coins goes into your running total against the other club. With one proviso …. If you get matched against one of your own club members , you personally will win the coins if you win the match , but those coins do not go down in favour of your club. 

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 9:50 AM

BingoBen:

You have to use/buy a pass and win match to earn coins toward TW totals

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 10:30 AM

Thanks for responding and lending some info. -- We know it's against the other club.  We have a member who's winning the match but not seeing his win in the/our club totals.  I'll need to check and see if we have a situation of 'member to member'.   That could be a possibility.  Your information was helpful.

Ben 

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 10:33 AM

Thanks for responding.  Totally aware - if you don't pay, you don't play.  

• TyWebb79
    45 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 8:11 AM

Just lost a Turfwar as a team to only one player from the other, 36 million to 10. It's no longer about club vs. club. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 11:49 AM

TyWebb79:
    Just lost a Turfwar as a team to only one player from the other, 36 million to 10. It's no longer about club vs. club. 

it isn't over yet, they will play more.. : ) 

don't sweat it, we only encourage people to play free passes.  these one member clubs buy passes in bulk and spend time and effort grinding out wins - regardless of their win rate - my hope is they are keeping the cost or price increases down for the rest of us by spending so much for so little benefit (one superpass).

let them do their thing and don't sweat it.  we can work together and as a club we will challenge the clubs that don't pay extra to win these silly gimmicky events.  don't get sucked into buying passes in bulk of 100 passes just to win a single superpass.  

• TyWebb79
    45 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 7:23 AM

I hear you. I would rather use my daily pass playing something else and receive more XP than a TW if this is the result. I think when the spirit of team participation is extinguished, it's no longer a realistic event from the standpoint of its intent. Other words come to mind, but it's completely spoiled.

RSS