Help › Forums

Re: Low scores getting out of hand

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 16 2022 8:31 AM (40 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 9:19 AM

CrazyJoeBonano1:

One gear divide I DO take issue with is the rewards for Country Clubs in Clashes......what's the point of giving the magic golden putter to a club that already is kicking everyone's butts.  How about giving them a cool plaque they can display in their club banner or club userpic....but giving away the best single piece of gear in the game to a group that already doesn't need it is salt in the wounds to any club that would like to...idunno...challenge some of them some day.  It makes the challenge inherently unfair....and why would you do that?

Necro alert! 

However: clash results have very little to do with skill. it helps. but volume is really the key.

So best club or not it doesn't really affect clash outcomes.

• DOGZBOLOX
    14 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 5:38 AM

Just played a coin game, his last 2 scores were 26, 25, how the heck can you compete with that. Agh well I lost 8000

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 10:41 AM

CrazyJoeBonano1:
    the best single piece of gear in the game
    I beg to differ:

Apparently, it's not the best - fmagnets commented "so and so" to it, and one player who actually bought it took it out of his bag shortly after.

(a reminder: You cannot sell it back at 25% = 100,000 cr because it's not a "club" but a "CC reward". That's why I don't believe the number on the price tag - I put it's actual worth to Zero.)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 11:42 AM

alosso:
    Apparently, it's not the best - fmagnets commented "so and so" to it, and one player who actually bought it took it out of his bag shortly after.

alosso your English is amazing but this one time I feel it needs a correction. I'm pretty sure Mags will have said the putter is "so so", he's more likely to refer to me as a "so and so"  :-) 

My putter on the other hand is a so and so.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 12:17 PM

I have to agree with the critics of this putter...Over many thousands of alt shot games, I had run into numerous players using the golden putter...and they missed a hell of a lot of putts. Overall not impressed given the price.

ct

• hartmutw
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 4:19 AM

I am getting your point completely, since I started playing this game being a "real life golfer".

From this perspective, the low scores here really ARE annoying, as you automatically compare WGT scores to the ones of, say, Tiger etc. Personally, I would feel much better if the creme de la creme in WGT scored closer to top scorers in real golf.

Another question from my end: I still am using "decent" mouse and keyboard to play this game on my PC. Are there any tools like consoles, gaming mouses etc. enabling top players to score oooh so well?

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:00 AM

hartmutw:

From this perspective, the low scores here really ARE annoying, as you automatically compare WGT scores to the ones of, say, Tiger etc. Personally, I would feel much better if the creme de la creme in WGT scored closer to top scorers in real golf.

The one problem with that is that if the game played difficult enough for the top players to barely break par, then players barely breaking par would start struggling to keep it in the 80s or even just to keep it under triple digits. Most people playing a video game wouldn't continue if they had that high scoring all the time. Players like to see success even if it isn't comparative to the top players.

hartmutw:

Another question from my end: I still am using "decent" mouse and keyboard to play this game on my PC. Are there any tools like consoles, gaming mouses etc. enabling top players to score oooh so well?

I am able to be competitive playing on an old laptop with an $8 wired mouse. I would imagine top end equipment might help, but probably not enough to notice the difference.

BP

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:55 AM

There is also a misconception that the top players are just darting the greens to within 2 feet every time. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Anyone that watches those guys stream knows they make mistakes most every round , leave themselves with the same 8 foot downhill 2 grids of break putts that we all do, they just make the putt more often than not whereas we miss it and then miss the return the putt. They’ve also spent the time to hit thousands of shots into these greens , know where and what the trouble spots are, spent money using up sleeves of balls to chart everything . They’ve done their 10, 000 hours. Anyone complaining about it hasnt . 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:57 AM

"The one problem with that is that if the game played difficult enough for the top players to barely break par, then players barely breaking par would start struggling to keep it in the 80s or even just to keep it under triple digits...."

Fully on point, Brett. I am a legend and my hard won average is 68. If wgt made it difficult for the top players to make that average, I would easily be in the triple digits. Not a lot of fun being had with those scores.

ct

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 10:49 AM

Your talking a lot of sense there colin .

RSS