Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Commentator's phrases

Tue, Aug 3 2021 10:55 PM (167 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:00 AM

I don't know if this is relevant or not, or if the commentator was just in a talkative mood, but, I just got my 1st triple. " Uh, you crushed it ", " That's in the garden spot ", and " That's a huge drive " heard off the tee @ Wolf Creek # 16.

Doc :)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:07 AM

Perhaps he's been having a swig at your Manhattan's when you're not looking Doc and got a bit loquacious, lol.  ; )

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 1:36 PM

EDIT: I see you have it on the list already... my bad. Missed it at first glance.

I was just watching Danny and Mikey playing their World Cup match. And after Danny's tee shot I heard...

Way to Grip it and Rip it.

Honestly, I have never heard that before.

Don

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 2:09 PM

No worries Don. I'm glad that the thread is still in your thoughts.  ; )

• Davgelb
    15 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:33 AM

Don't know if this thread is still active, but I've been hoping to find the comment that goes with a double eagle.  Is there one?  Or is the applause just even louder than an eagle.  I never made one in all the rounds I've ever played and I can't find just a list of what phrases go with what shots.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:20 PM

I'm still alive Dav so the thread is active.

The last double eagle I got, all I heard was a distant 'thud'. Apparently it was the commentator falling off his stool in disbelief!

I don't have a decibelomometer to measure applause intensity, so I can't say if it gets louder with each achievement, but you may well be right with your theory.

I've never seen a list either, at least not with shot types on it. If you find one, let me know, thanks.  ; )

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:35 PM

Applause does get louder and so does the cheering as you go from birdie , eagle , albatross , hole in one .

Unfortunately when i hit double eagles i had my sound turned off so never heard what the commentator said .

you canned it perhaps .

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 1:40 PM

craigswan:
    Unfortunately when i hit double eagles i had my sound turned off so never heard what the commentator said .

Probably this Craig...

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 7:35 AM

Been a while since I updated this, but I have found a few more phrases. Can't say I have heard them in the game but they are in the game assets.

'Groan' is hilarious!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 8:14 AM

ScottHope:

Been a while since I updated this, but I have found a few more phrases. Can't say I have heard them in the game but they are in the game assets.

'Groan' is hilarious!

Have not heard any of those...

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to finding them.

Don

RSS