Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Peoples Club - Starting into our 9th year

Fri, Mar 22 2024 8:51 AM (613 replies)
  • LuckyLenny999
    350 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 9:52 PM

Wow, a cc with active members!  Are you for real?

how do I join?  Any requirements?  
    I have been playing just a little while

thanks 

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 10:07 AM

You are correct! Your conclusions were the same ones I sought out and landed at TPC a few months ago. You are making an excellent choice. One caveat => Become active in the forum!

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 10:22 AM

Hello Lenny,

Yes we are for real and have been for a long long time. 

You must be without a club to join we don't poach members from other clubs. So you would have to quit your current club to join ours. 

Here are some of the rules:

Most WGT clubs have some rules.  The Peoples Club is no different.

We changed our membership requirements in May 2020 in order to get more of our members more involved with each other.  After all, what's the point of being in a club if you never interact with any other members?

In addition to playing at least once every 30 days, we are now asking members to do something else such as participating in our message forum, organizing/sponsoring club tournaments, helping other members in some tangible way (e.g. mentoring a new player or helping members with gifts of balls and/or equipment) or playing multi-player matches with other club members. This is not necessarily a complete list.  It's almost certain that there will be other things that qualify as "doing something".

Nobody likes a lot of rules but we believe that these will make TPC a better club and allow the members to participate however they feel the most comfortable.

If you want to remain anonymous, there are plenty of clubs where you can do that.  If you want more, then give TPC a try.

• LuckyLenny999
    350 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 2:59 PM

Thanks for your reply!  I try to engage people when playing but it is quite difficult from a time perspective...

plus I have lots of questions anyway...

is there always someone around to let me in if I knock on the door?

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 6:41 PM

I am not on 24 hours a day but check in frequently so it might be a little while but you will be able to get in shortly.  Will send you a friend request so you can talk to me with more questions if you wish.

Best Wishes,

Marion

• LuckyLenny999
    350 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 7:08 PM

Thank you.  Most kind.

• GolfNomad
    296 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 8:21 PM

Hi LadyChipper,

I am interested in joining The People Club.  How can I join?

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 8:10 AM

Hello GolfNomad,

I have sent you a friend's invite so we can have a discussion. 

Best Wishes,

Marion

• GolfNomad
    296 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:30 PM

Ladychipper:

Hello GolfNomad,

I have sent you a friend's invite so we can have a discussion. 

Best Wishes,

Marion

Hi LadyChipper, I've accepted your friend request and also sent a request to join TPC.  I am no longer with my previous club.

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:46 PM

GolfNomad:

Hi LadyChipper, I've accepted your friend request and also sent a request to join TPC.  I am no longer with my previous club.

I have sent you two private messages and have received no reply so I am waiting for you to answer my questions. 

RSS