Help › Forums

Re: quitters

Tue, Oct 20 2009 3:04 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 12:16 PM

kwoody94:
    No whining Backspin just asking a simple question.  I am new here an was wondering if that was the norm or whaT.  At any rate I enjoy the game.  Good Luck!

Well handled and answered, kwoody.  Although it seems backspin's post as been removed, I would still like to commend you on your response.

As a bit of a background, the issue of quitting has been a hot-button topic since the beginning.  Not only do we have the ones who quit, we have the ones that take it as a personal affront if someone else quits... we have those who post messages, write on walls, call out others for quitting and those who think those people need to have messages posted, called out, walls written on for calling them out.... and so it goes back and forth and back and forth ad nauseum.

This is why the WGTLS ladder site has been so popular.  Here, in random pick up games, you never know what you're going to get or who you're going to playing and even for how long.  There is no penalty for quitting a stroke play game.  Some think this is a travesty and others think it really doesn't matter, etc.  But on the ladder there are rules and regulations about playing a match.  You start, you finish, you congratulate all on a fabulous round (win or lose) and you move on.

It tends to bring the virtual game of golf a lot closer to the "Gentlemen's Game" that we all know and love in the fresh air at our local club/muni/park.

I hope that clears it up for you... I am very pleased that you are enjoying the game and hope to see your nom de guerre on one of the ladders.  There are a number of ladders, leagues, groups, games, fabulous people on the ladder site... just find a comfortable place and slide right in.

Peace.                                             

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 3:04 PM

Snaike:

kwoody94:
    No whining Backspin just asking a simple question.  I am new here an was wondering if that was the norm or whaT.  At any rate I enjoy the game.  Good Luck!

Well handled and answered, kwoody.  Although it seems backspin's post as been removed, I would still like to commend you on your response.

As a bit of a background, the issue of quitting has been a hot-button topic since the beginning.  Not only do we have the ones who quit, we have the ones that take it as a personal affront if someone else quits... we have those who post messages, write on walls, call out others for quitting and those who think those people need to have messages posted, called out, walls written on for calling them out.... and so it goes back and forth and back and forth ad nauseum.

This is why the WGTLS ladder site has been so popular.  Here, in random pick up games, you never know what you're going to get or who you're going to playing and even for how long.  There is no penalty for quitting a stroke play game.  Some think this is a travesty and others think it really doesn't matter, etc.  But on the ladder there are rules and regulations about playing a match.  You start, you finish, you congratulate all on a fabulous round (win or lose) and you move on.

It tends to bring the virtual game of golf a lot closer to the "Gentlemen's Game" that we all know and love in the fresh air at our local club/muni/park.

I hope that clears it up for you... I am very pleased that you are enjoying the game and hope to see your nom de guerre on one of the ladders.  There are a number of ladders, leagues, groups, games, fabulous people on the ladder site... just find a comfortable place and slide right in.

Peace.                                             

Thanks sir I appreciate the comments.  I just love to play golf either real or on here.  I know some people have different ideas and I try not to offend.  Hope to see you soon on the links, maybe you can give me some pointer.

Ken

• PAGES
RSS