Help › Forums

Re: Turf Wars

Mon, Dec 7 2020 9:44 AM (25 replies)
  • YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 1:20 AM

Mythanatos:

alot of misinformation in this thread.

Players can get to 100 million + and never leave Bellagio. It's just a question of playing the matches and burning the passes.

If play monaco the bet is for whoever has the lowest stack of coins.  So if i have 500 million and i play someone that onluy has 10000 the game is for 10000.

Most people with big stacks will just forfeit to people with less than a few million coin. just isn't worth their time.

There is a gentleman's agreement between most of the top 20 clubs or so not to use Monaco in TWs against each other. 

Matching up against clubmates will not give you any TW points. That's not why people do it. 

I'm not in a big TW club but I've posted various ways that were possible exploits before. I don't know names but i can guarantee you that clubmates in many of the higher clubs will rebuild someone's coin supply should they go broke. That's the main reason they try to match up. Otherwise they are communicating not to match up in TWs since it's just a waste of ball hits. 

I also guarantee you that this method is being used by some people that play Monaco.

Step 1: Play Bellagio a ton during a TW. Let's say they get up to 100 million TW coin wins. 

Step 2: Start playing Monaco. Ideally match up and win against someone that also has a big stack. Making a big chunk or two.

Step 3: what happens if you lose and go broke??

Refer back to step 1. If someone  made 100 million coins in a TW when it's over they will get 15 million in the TW bonus.

SO even tho they went broke... they end up with seed coin again once the TW is over.

I've never played monaco. i'm not a gambler but it doesn't take much thinking to understand how the system works and how to manipulate it. and i absolutely guarantee that's how many high rollers will do monaco. If going to play in monaco,  it's best to have that safety net in place.

Is it manipulation or using creative tactics in order to use any ambiguity in a certain rule?

Lawyers do it routinely, as do Sportmen and women...it’s essential in most situations were it’s competitive and/or adversarial.

• YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 2:03 AM

However, there’s a distinction between ambiguity in the rules and doing mental gymnastics to argue a case for doing something that’s obviously wrong.

Most players tend to be American so I’ll use an American Football metaphor...

NE Patriots spygate was them in the wrong. They argued their case but it was futile.

Then DeflateGate. That was ambiguous. They could have cheated by lowering the pressure of the balls, but to what advantage as they were out of sight by half time. If they did concoct a plan, they’d have only deflated a certain percentage of the balls to give themselves plausible deniability.

They have extremely intelligent experienced people working in the background for analysis and opponents (as well as their own players) performances and favourite plays etc.

Therefore if they did it on purpose, it was a botched job. The ambiguity of it says they’re not guilty as they deserve the benefit of the doubt. But because of spygate giving them a reputation as they were not far apart timewise, public opinion was “Obvious cheating!”

It’s how we are programmed. We judge a situation against previous ones when every situation is unique.

That’s what reputation is. A good reputation can get you out of many a sticky situation. A bad reputation is like a ball and chain around your ankle weighing you down. But, as in the Patriots case, they got a bad reputation thru’ one dumb spygate situation, then every ambiguous call on the field was ‘Patriots cheating again’.

The ball and chain made them stronger as it gave them resilience as they knew they had to fight harder as they had a reputation that the refs (or umpires, whatever they’re called...hey, I’m a limey who likes real football, you know the one, we’re you use your foot! Lol) even had unconscious bias in in all probability.

Talking of credibility, why listen to me? I’m just some punk on the internet spouting his opinions, right?

Yes that’s true, however, I’m a psychologist, so understand how people respond to differant situations as I keep up to date with the research and have read most of the best credible books etc

Plus I’be done research and talked to hundreds if not into the thousands of people in a clinical set up designed specifically so they have no reason to lie as I can’t disclose any info about what that person said apart from a few specific scenarios.

For example they have just murdered someone, I know that person has been murdered as it’s in the news and I also know my client knows that person as I have talked to them for four hours a week for four years and my client has blood on them and tell me they did it.

Then I can call someone, usually a colleague or the Association to get a second opinion. Never jump to calling the police straight away unless they are holding you hostage with a weapon lol.

Hope someone gets my point...long winded as it is.

I’m new to this, it’s my 3rd post ffs lol.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:48 AM

Bit of a necro post. 

when i got to the third use of the word "ambiguity" i knew  i shouldn't finish reading  that wall of text. 

stupid me did it anyway.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2020 9:27 AM

I don't know how but i've seen a guy 2 weeks ago who have reached over 385 000 000 000 coins in a week.

Yes, the number is real. Monaco exploit?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 9:42 AM

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 9:44 AM

TopShelf2010:

Not really an exploit... more of working the system. Players are doing it all the time.

As I have said in the past, do not "hate"  on the players but rather the game itself.

Don

I'm actually impressed about such moves. Fortunately it doesn't give anything really special to do it.

RSS