Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Cancellation Option

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:25 PM (1 replies)
  • wpjones
    3,030 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:06 PM

If it's possible for a host to cancel a Bracket Game with Credits returned to players, why isn't that same choice given hosts when no one in a tournament posts a finished score?  Last year I had a 500 Credit Bonus Purse in a tournament for lower Tier players, and none of them posted a complete finishing score.  So, my Bonus Purse was snatched up by WGT!  If that can't happen in a Bracket Game, why does it happen in a regular tournament?  I have another similar "Division 2" tournament going on right now with only 3 players entered; it's a 4 Round, 24 hour time limit, single play event.  It will be really easy for all three to miss a Round and get WD's or NP's.  So I'm sweating it a bit here!  I want my players to get the Credits, not WGT.  Fair is fair!  Give a cancel option to hosts for tournaments which fall prey to WD's and NP's.  I'm going to forward this message to WGT Customer Service.  wpjones, Owner, Golfers Haven CC.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:25 PM

Why? It's programmed like that, and Brackets are newer than tournaments.

wpjones:
    I'm going to forward this message to WGT Customer Service.
    My two Pfennig:

Usually, there's no answer to "Why?" questions - business secrets! You better ask them politely for reimbursement - frequently, they grant such wishes.

RSS