Green Speed.        Multiplier

7.5.                           +25%

7.9.                           +20%

9.0.                           +10%

10.0.                             0%

11.0.                          -10%

12.0.                          -20%

13.0.                          -25%

Take your distance times the multiplier that’s the basic equation. However, some tweaks you will need to apply depending upon a bunch of factors, most of which you will need to work out based upon your style, your putter, elevations, specific greens, etc...

For every factor of elevation change plus or minus 1 for each inch and add to or subtract from your calculated distance.

These percentages work for all green speeds up to a distance of about 15’ Above 15’ you need to reduce the total by a percentage. Start with a 10% reduction and experiment.

Elevation changes greater then +/- 4” you will need to adjust your calculated number.

Inside 10’ add 1’, 1.5’, or 2.0’ (your preference) to your calculated distance to hold the line.

This should give you some basics to work with and you can modify as required. One suggestion for practice. Play practice rounds with putter pal and the green assist bar turned on. When you putt, you calculate the shot and see where your calculated putt distance falls within the green bar’s recommended putt distance. This will help you hone in your putting calculations because as you will see different greens putt differently, the greens at OLY or MER do not respond the same as the greens at BPB or WC.

Just takes some time and practice.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2020 5:01 PM

Tiger just shot a -4 at the opening round of the 2020 Masters tournament!  How about that?

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 6:07 AM

My biggest problem is to understand how much first yard effect those putting lines! It dont come into my mind, and I never rememeber it...until I just watch my putt turning so much aside. Okay it was the right line, obviously, cause if I think it was wgt doesnt lol.

So help me to understand how I can get in my mind that evaluate only that first yards of putts!

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2022 4:49 AM

That was all what I wanted to hear lol. I almost knew it but have to ask it anyway...

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2022 7:54 AM

Move the marker back to your feet- Then adjust for each square one at a time till your back to the hole. you need to move more the closer you get to your feet and less as you get toward the hole.

• JDocBurns
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 3:54 PM

I am nearly 65 and quite disabledand losing my eye sight and brain function.  I am cluless when it coes to this game.  I think my score avg is around 70 but 99% my losses are from putting and chipping.   I have read this great info at least 10 times and don't get it.  I play for fun and do my best just guessing but I wanna know how to putt properly and I can't figure out "Tourney" and "Champ" speeds.  I live with 24hr a day pain and 3 chronic incurable ilnessess.  That's not to mention other things that are wearing me down fast. 

I just can't figure out this formula stuff.  There was a time I would've been able to but not anymore.  I just joined a really great team but I don't even have the slightest idea how to use this "discord" thing.  It's a jumbled mess to me.   I am terrible at this game but could be a lot better.  It's still fun but I am tired and slowly losing my eyes and motor skills.  Sorry to ***.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 9:16 PM

JDocBurns:

I am nearly 65 and quite disabledand losing my eye sight and brain function.  I am cluless when it coes to this game.  I think my score avg is around 70 but 99% my losses are from putting and chipping.   I have read this great info at least 10 times and don't get it.  I play for fun and do my best just guessing but I wanna know how to putt properly and I can't figure out "Tourney" and "Champ" speeds.  I live with 24hr a day pain and 3 chronic incurable ilnessess.  That's not to mention other things that are wearing me down fast. 

I just can't figure out this formula stuff.  There was a time I would've been able to but not anymore.  I just joined a really great team but I don't even have the slightest idea how to use this "discord" thing.  It's a jumbled mess to me.   I am terrible at this game but could be a lot better.  It's still fun but I am tired and slowly losing my eyes and motor skills.  Sorry to ***.

With all you’re battling above just have fun playing the game and don’t worry about your score or anything.  Prayers out for healing. 🙏🏻

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2022 8:16 AM

If you have lets say 5-6ft put...flat line...how many dots need to move that ball rolling aside. Hit it "kling"

RSS